The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Videos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/)
-   -   My new horse, Johnny (: (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/my-new-horse-johnny-44297/)

laurenlovesjohnny 01-04-2010 04:45 PM

My new horse, Johnny (:

Here's a video of my horse, Johnny at his new home in East Gate Farms.
The story of how I got Johnny is quite amazing, I love this horse very much, and I can't wait to get to know him better.

horseluver2435 01-04-2010 06:03 PM

What a cutie! :) I loved when he sniffed the camera, I find it so funny when horses decide to investigate EVERYTHING! You sound very happy when with him, congrats!

horseluver250 01-04-2010 06:16 PM

Congrats, I'd love to hear the story of how you got him. He has the cutest face, he just looks like a sweetheart!

laurenlovesjohnny 01-04-2010 07:05 PM

Well, i had been leasing a Thoroughbred gelding named Sweater he was quite the sweetheart and taught me quite a bit in the time i had known him for. But i was working at the stable where i had him boarded so i could pay off the board every month, which was $450. I am only 16 years old and i worked 12+ everyday including the weekends with only 2 days off during the week, and full weekends. So i decided it would be best to get a job in the city and get a new horse of my own when i had the money. So i dropped the lease and said goodbye to everyone at aramis stable. I hadn't bother looking for another horse just yet, but one day i had gotten curious of what horses were out there and looked on the internet. I saw an add for a horse named Johnny, he was quite the looker and i now had a job, and was started thinking about making payment plans for a new horse. He seemed to fit the part very well, so i emailed his owner we talked for a while, she was selling him for $9,000 after owning him for 6 years and buying him for 10,000. So i asked to go down to try him out. Me and my mom had hopped in her car on the way to the barn she told me all about him, his personality but one thing she made clear was that he is very shy with strangers because he was abused at a racetrack when he was 3. So we got to the barn, and her daughters introduced me to this gorgeous gelding, and to everyones surprise he didn't shy away from me, instead he greeted me with a nicker and a nudge on the shoulder. So we tacked up and i started riding, his movements were fantastic and it felt so natural to ride him. His owners had told me before i mounted up that seeing as i am a stranger he will probably throw a few hissy fits and test me a lot. Again to everyones surprise the ride was ace, he responded perfectly to everything i asked. I was in love! So i untacked him in the arena to let him walk around for a bit to cool down. But instead of doing so he just stood next to me, so i walked a few steps, and he followed. Again i walked a few steps and he did the same. His owners couldn't believe it.
The only problem with getting Johnny was the fact that his owners wanted $9000 firm, and no payment plans. So i went home and lost my hopes. A few days later on Christmas day his owner called me and asked me if i would like to go for a ride with her at the barn for a bit. Of course i didn't pass up the offer. So we tacked up and went on a ride down a close trail. She talked about how many people had gone out to try johnny out, but johnny acted up with all of them and had even kicked a girl. I didn't have much to say, seeing as i had really liked him and was pretty bummed about not being able to get him. After untacking she drove me home and on the ride home she made me an offer, if she were to give johnny to me, i would have to make a deal of giving him a ton of love. Which really is no problem at all for me, so of course i took the offer, i was soo excited!
So i went out and took lessons on Johnny everyday for about a week, and finally the day came to move him to his new home at East Gates. The trailering went smoothly and we had arrived. He was pretty high strung at first, but once i gave him that little tickle under the chin that he love he calmed down quite a bit. So we put him into his new stall and before his old owners had left all three of them started crying, i was expecting it of course. But what i didn't expect was when they started thanking me for taking him and telling me how we were the perfect match and were so happy to have given him to me, so i started crying to the barn manager must of thought we were all a bunch of babies! so i thanked them again, gave them all hugs and they left.
I am so excited to go to the barn tomorrow and see Johnny!
i will probably get some riding video's (:

horseluver2435 01-04-2010 08:26 PM

Aww, that's such a sweet story! I'm glad he ended up with you!

laurenlovesjohnny 01-04-2010 08:46 PM

thanks! (:

horseluver250 01-04-2010 10:11 PM

That is an awesome story:D Sounds like you met some really wonderful people too, its great they cared about Johnny so much to give him to you.

My2Geldings 01-04-2010 10:19 PM

First off, welcome to the forum!

What a neat story. You are one lucky rider. He's quite the looker. Looking forwards to hearing more stories about you and Johnny :-)