The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Movies, Music, and TV (http://www.horseforum.com/movies-music-tv/)
-   -   Spirit Anyone? (http://www.horseforum.com/movies-music-tv/spirit-anyone-44354/)

jumper25 01-05-2010 09:51 AM

Spirit Anyone?

I was 7 when Spirit came out and I've loved it ever since I first watched it! It still makes me all teary! Am I just wierd or does anyone else like Spirit as well? Any other favorite horsey movies? I also love Seabiscuit.

ShutUpJoe 01-05-2010 10:22 AM

I really like Spirit but there are a few things that bug me. I know it is a cartoon but how many times did he fall or land and not get hurt? Why don't the frickin horses talk? If fish can talk why not have the horses talk? Instead of knickering all the time.

I like all the horse movies : )

jumper25 01-05-2010 10:58 AM

Oh I know there are things that I find wierd too. The eyebrows, eye shadow, and the way they lap the water up like dogs annoy me. They seem like little things but it always gets to me. Yeah I also notice how he falls a lot. Oh well I still love the movie though

My2Geldings 01-09-2010 08:34 PM

I've always loved the movie. I never actually liked Brian Adams until I saw that movie and got a completely different amount of respect for his music. That soundtrack is to this day IMO, one of the most powerful animated movie soundtrack out there. The lyrics will become personal to almost anyone who hears it.
Great movie, always loved it.

ladybugsgirl 01-09-2010 08:40 PM

I love the movie. I met the dad of the guy who drew spirit as a baby. The guy also did hades in hercules. It was pretty sweet. I actually have artwork I have drawn of spirit and spirit and his mom if anyone is interested in seeing.

jiblethead 01-09-2010 08:41 PM

I really really like Black Beauty...Even though it is sad at the end :( I like all horse movies really. Can't wait until the new "Secretariat" movie come out. He was an amazing racehorse...

Sunny06 01-09-2010 08:46 PM

I think they did well with not having the horses talk. I'm glad they did something different for a change.

RadHenry09 01-09-2010 09:01 PM

AHHH , I love Spirit : )

My2Geldings 01-09-2010 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladybugsgirl (Post 517106)
I love the movie. I met the dad of the guy who drew spirit as a baby. The guy also did hades in hercules. It was pretty sweet. I actually have artwork I have drawn of spirit and spirit and his mom if anyone is interested in seeing.

How neat!! the cousin of a friend of mine has been drawing for Disney for over 25 years. He's actually the guy who drew the firefly in the new Princess and the Frog". He's drawn many other characters for Disney ranging from the Lion King to the latest movie. Can't say I have met him yet tho.

What a small world.

smrobs 01-10-2010 12:10 AM

Glad I'm not the only slightly older member here who enjoyed that movie. It came out the year I graduated high school, I was 18 and felt a little odd going to watch it by myself. There are certain things about it that bugged me but I still love it. What is terrible, I find myself critiqueing the little things in every horse movie I watch. But I have yet to find one that I didn't like. My favorites are the Man From Snowy River and Return to Snowy River.