The Horse Forum banner

New. :]

680 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Tannerlady 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. I was randomly browsing the internet, and came across a link to this forum. Looked interesting, so I though I'd join. :]

A little about me: I've only been riding for about 3 years, and I know there's still a lot I need to learn and improve on. But this is something I'm deeply passionate about, and I want to do everything possible to make horses and horseback riding a major part of my life. Eventually, I'd love to be able to become a trainer, or own my own barn. So!

I ride at a barn that's about 15 minutes away from my house, on a big, black, gorgeous ex-racing TB mare named Indigo (Indi for short). I help out at the barn all the time, and the horseback riding camp I go to asked me to be a riding instructor in training over the summer for a month, which I'm super excited about.

You can call me Tanner, Tansy, Lady, whatever. (No, that's not my actual name- kinda a long/sad story about the name, that I'd be willing to tell if anyone is interested). Sorry this is so long, I'm not quite sure what to write. :D

#5 ·
Well, besides horseback riding I also volunteer at a no-kill animal shelter. There was one dog there a few years ago named Tanner Lady (she also had a sister, Lady Tessa). Anyway, they were the sweetest things in the world, and I loved both of them to death. I took them out every chance I got. Unfortunately, Tanner was diagnosed with cancer. The vet said the best option was to put her down, because she was in a lot of pain. Everyone agreed it was for the best, so we euthanized her. The name's kind of a memorial to her. :]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.