The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   vetwrap (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/vetwrap-4452/)

HorsesAreForever 11-22-2007 10:18 PM

vetwrap

what do u use your vetwrap for??

Just wanted to see if theres more ways you can use vet wrap then just for injuries

BluMagic 11-22-2007 10:40 PM

Okay, say your horse injures it's leg, cutting it deeply or severly. It is then treated and wrapped with cotton and vet-wrap. Hope this helps. :-)

sweetypie16 11-22-2007 10:43 PM

VERY VERY USEFUL STUFF AYE!! :D blumagic seems to have the right idea

HorsesAreForever 11-22-2007 11:14 PM

thanks for the replys is there anythingn else u can use it for like the horse boot protector things lmao i cant remember the name im only 15 gosh what do u exspect :P

BluMagic 11-22-2007 11:50 PM

Well you could be thinking of many different boots. There's sport boots, splint boots, and bell boots. Sport boots are for protection of the leg when performing in high-activity sports. They are leg guards in case of over-stepping, etc. Splint boots support the legs, also used in high-activity. Bell boots, protect the hooves and coronet of the horse's legs. Hope this helps! Everyone, correct me if I'm wrong...

HorsesAreForever 11-23-2007 12:02 AM

thanks for ur reply so what else can vetwrap be used for im trying to figure out how many ways i could use it

HorsesAreForever 11-23-2007 12:06 AM

idk why it wrote razz >.< it was supose to be a :)

BluMagic 11-23-2007 12:26 AM

It depends. What DO you want to use the vet-wrap for? I think, the only thing I have seen it on is horses' legs lol :-)

Equina 11-23-2007 03:22 AM

I've seen people use Vet Wrap in place of track bandages (over pillow wraps) after competition, etc. But, I think the main use is to hold bandages in place so that dirt doesn't get into wounds.

Oh, I've also seen people wrap a mare's tail up in Vet Wrap for breeding.

It's also great for making sticky (with no residue!) balls to throw at your friends!

Vidaloco 11-23-2007 06:51 AM

Don't worry about using it. I have 3-4 rolls laying around at all times, just for those maybe injuries that could happen. I don't think it goes bad and its better to have some laying around and need it, than to need it and not have any. :)