The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   My mare's 2 foals (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/my-mares-2-foals-44536/)

Hoofprints in the Sand 01-07-2010 12:55 PM

My mare's 2 foals

My horse is an 8yo APHA registered mare, and I know that she has had 2 foals, both before I got her a year ago.

I'd love to find out their registered names, and I'm a member of the APHA but in order to look them up you need to pay extra, which I don't want to do at this point.

So just wondering...is anyone out there a premium member of APHA who could look my mare up and see what her foals' names are/any information about them? :-)

My mare's registered name is Coosa's Playgirl.

Thanks!

Hoofprints in the Sand 01-09-2010 08:43 PM

Anyone? :-)

jiblethead 01-09-2010 08:47 PM

ve you googled it? Sorry not a member of the APHA :p

Hoofprints in the Sand 01-09-2010 08:57 PM

Yes and I get nothing :-( I can find my mare and her lineage, but not her foals'...I know she had 2 but just don't know their names so I can't find them...any ideas on what to google besides just her name that might get me a match??

Icrazyaboutu 01-09-2010 09:05 PM

I looked on allbreedpedigree.com but they don't have her kids listed there...

jiblethead 01-09-2010 09:11 PM

Do you know the stallions she was bred to? That might help...Or where they where bred?

Hoofprints in the Sand 01-10-2010 10:06 AM

No idea...she was a rescue from a farm in Lodi, OH. But that's all I know...there were 40-some horses there that were seized, so she could have been bred to any of them :-( I thought maybe that APHA would show her foals, I know that some are registered because when I registered her in my name I wanted to change her registered name to her show name, "Hoofprints in the Sand", but I couldn't because she had foals that were already registered. I suppose I could just pay the extra fee to APHA and look them up myself, but I thought I would ask people on here to see if someone already had! ;-)

olesia 02-24-2010 04:13 PM

Hi! I own your mare's daughter. She's a coming 4 year old solid bred palomino mare, and her registered name is FC She's Too Cool. I call her Lexi. She was sired by Y Two Kool. I posted her picture as my avatar so you could get a look at her.
I got to meet Lexi when she was first born but couldn't convince Ms. Brooks to sell her to me. When Lexi was a yearling, Ms. Brooks said she would sell her to me for $3,500. Needless to say I was able to get Lexi for much, much less after the ASPCA siezure.
I could not be happier with my 'little' girl. She is bold and curious and has a lot of try. Her momma was a very quiet mare if I remember correctly. I'd love to talk to you some more. Are you located in Ohio?

Hoofprints in the Sand 02-24-2010 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olesia (Post 562591)
Hi! I own your mare's daughter. She's a coming 4 year old solid bred palomino mare, and her registered name is FC She's Too Cool. I call her Lexi. She was sired by Y Two Kool. I posted her picture as my avatar so you could get a look at her.
I got to meet Lexi when she was first born but couldn't convince Ms. Brooks to sell her to me. When Lexi was a yearling, Ms. Brooks said she would sell her to me for $3,500. Needless to say I was able to get Lexi for much, much less after the ASPCA siezure.
I could not be happier with my 'little' girl. She is bold and curious and has a lot of try. Her momma was a very quiet mare if I remember correctly. I'd love to talk to you some more. Are you located in Ohio?

you are KIDDING ME!!!! That is SO COOL!!! :D Yes, Sandie is VERY quiet, I am SUPER proud of her and how far she's come! We started into Eventing at the lower levels last year and she LOVES to jump!

I'm in Medina, OH actually, not far from where she was taken! I love that you say that Lexi is bold and curious and has a lot of try, because that describes Sandie very well too!!! Oh my gosh, this is very exciting! I'd LOVE to talk more, I'll PM you my #, are you still located in the area? I would love for Sandie and Lexi to meet up someday (do you ever go on the trails around here, like Hinkley)??

haviris 02-24-2010 10:58 PM

Are you sure the other foal was registered? I'm only finding the one on APHA's website.