The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Barn Maintenance (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/)
-   -   Bucks and Lehigh County Residents (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/bucks-lehigh-county-residents-44545/)

sillybunny11486 01-07-2010 01:45 PM

Bucks and Lehigh County Residents

I know there are a bunch of you guys floating around.
Just wondering what shows everyone is going to this year.

Me-
Bux Mont Western (Just halter) with Sonny Side Up
PJHS English (not sure the classes, it will be adult though)
Grange Fair (not 100% sure yet, but probably the dressage classes)

I havent show in years, so its just schooling this year.

luvmyperch 01-07-2010 02:22 PM

Oooh, me me me!!!! I'm sure I'll be at some of the PJHSA shows, at least any that offer something for beginner adults, or the really small ones that aren't very competitive. I don't have the schedule yet, but will pick my shows as soon as its posted. I'll also be at Ludwig's Corner, just to watch. I want to see the Adult Beginner Eq division for next year. And, I might be at the Bucks County Horse Park with some people at my barn for dressage shows.

I haven't shown in 18 years!!!!

sillybunny11486 01-07-2010 03:14 PM

Never herd of Ludwigs Corner were's that??

I love the dressage shows, but they usually fall right when I get out of work, and it takes me an hour to get there with traffic. Maybe I can be sick on a tuesday over the summer.

On a side note- I have no idea were breinigsville is but my boyfriend wants us to move there. I think he has a coworker who lives right around the corner from some new condos going for $150k. I just keep thinking, god I dont want an hour plus commute, and I dont want to deal with looking for a place to board.

luvmyperch 01-07-2010 04:09 PM

Ludwig's Corner is a big three day show off Rt. 100 Ludwigs Corner Horse Show And Country Fair > Home

Breinigsville is actually a really nice area! We're just north of Macungie, about 15 miles away from Dorney Park. There are a bunch of different places to board, small backyard places, a few show barns, but not a lot of the big places like there are in the Doylestown/Buckingham area. Housing prices and taxes are a LOT cheaper up here! Where do you work? The turnpike is really close so commuting isn't TOO bad...

Catalyst 01-07-2010 04:41 PM

I'm in bucks. This year I'm hoping to expose nakai to some schooling shows, so I'll be doing the TMHS at the bucks co. horse park, maybe some at bux-mont, but that's it for me.

sillybunny11486 01-07-2010 04:59 PM

I work in Horsham- its right near the Willow Grove exit on the turnpike.

sillybunny11486 01-07-2010 05:04 PM

Is Ludwigs just schooling? I think I've herd of their driving competition now that I think about it.