The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Searching for solace . . . . (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/searching-solace-44611/)

rider4life 01-08-2010 11:21 AM

Searching for solace . . . .

Hey all!

Well, I've been looking for a good horse forum for months and months and months, and believe I've finally found it!!! I keep big fish, too, and there are plenty of sites for them . . . . :-P

I have 3 horses now, my beloved children; grew up an Air Force Brat so found horses to mess with and ride where/when ever I could growing up. I was born with a passion for horses--you can ask my mom!!!!

Got my first horse at 35, an abused, cowboyed, racing-bred 15 yo Quarter Horse mare starting life on a hack line. The kids who worked there called her "BB", for what it stands for I will not share as it's ugly. Immediately leased her to see if I could bring her back at all, then a year later bought her. I called her my beautiful baby, bella bambina, a lovely flea-bitten gray. She moved like a car with two flat tires, but that didn't matter. We loved and trusted each other. A few years later (divorce year) I bought a foal that was half-sister to the filly BB gave me (then had to put down at 2.5 months, stifle injury--still feel like I murdered my child, but it was best for an Impressive-line QH--those huge butt muscles) and so Li'l Sista became part of my life. She's the first horse I ever trained myself. She is awesome.

Moved, retired BB to my dad's where the "Grey Cancer" eventually got her--he buried her on a pine knoll with a soughing breeze. Ended up with 2 more kids, Tennessee Walking Horses, full brother and sister, and so now I have my family of 3 equine children, 2 rescue dogs, and a bunch of big fish, living on a farm waaaaay out in the country--livin' my dream.
So here I am, and having read lots of posts, believe I've found another wonderful place, an equine sanctuary.

Thanks for reading and Happy Trails, Renee

Vidaloco 01-08-2010 11:53 AM

Welcome Renee :D Sounds like you have a well started journey into the wonderful world of horses. The first baby we had born here and who I raised to saddle breaking, I named "Little Sister". We also had an Impressive bred QH that we had to put down a few years ago. Seems we have had semi parallel lives :lol:

rider4life 01-11-2010 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vidaloco (Post 515655)
Welcome Renee :D Sounds like you have a well started journey into the wonderful world of horses. The first baby we had born here and who I raised to saddle breaking, I named "Little Sister". We also had an Impressive bred QH that we had to put down a few years ago. Seems we have had semi parallel lives :lol:

Hi Vidaloco:
Yes, some definite parallels!! Very cool!!! So very sorry to hear you had to put down an Impressive-bred horse; breeders have created such sorrow in non-disclosure and unethical breeding!!!
I guess you're the only one who decided to greet me; reckon I'm not very interesting!!! Oh well, it's a great forum and I've been on it a lot so far!!

Happy trails, Renee

peg4x4 01-13-2010 09:16 AM

Hi,new here myself. I think you're living my dream (except for the fish:)) Sorry you had to make such a choice with your filly. This seems to be a good forum,lurked for a while to make sure.

gill 01-13-2010 12:34 PM

Hi, I'm new too but it seems like a friendly place :)