The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Shows (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/)
-   -   How much do you spend on shows a year? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/how-much-do-you-spend-shows-44654/)

My Beau 01-09-2010 12:07 AM

How much do you spend on shows a year?

Just wondering...

Between entry fees, office fees and needing to renew my membership for USEF, USDF, USEA, etc.... I'm looking at about $1,200 this show season:shock:

I've never totalled it up like that before. And I've also never shown this much in one season before. Thank God we have our own trailer this season, no more $1.25/mile trailering fees!

How much do you think you guys will drop this year in fees?

ariielise 01-09-2010 12:17 AM

That sounds about right. And if we make it out to Congress this year, that about doubles.

Void 01-09-2010 01:04 AM

I've spent $300 just on pre season alone registering.

I'll probably spend between 3-5k this year.

MIEventer 01-09-2010 01:29 AM

I don't want to think about it....

Klassic Superstar 01-09-2010 02:51 AM

It really depends, cause I used to show 4-H then I was also ata very pricey high end Jumper barn. But this year I prollu wont pay more then 100.00 per show and I havea youngster so I wont be doing to many shows :)

wintec 01-09-2010 03:09 PM

I ride at a lesson barn that will pay all my showing fees for me. Trailering, show fees, the whole bit.I guess I'm pretty lucky. I hope to show a whole lot this spring and summer but we'll see what happens. I am gonna do some dressage schooling shows and a mini trial or two. Maybe even a hunter class. Again it's a bit up in the air.

ridergirl23 01-09-2010 03:35 PM

around the same as Void. haha and thats only doing maybe 4 showes! we have our own trailer, and all thats stuff, but we also need to pay for a hotel room and the show fees are getting SOOOOO expensive its ridiculous!

My Beau 01-09-2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ridergirl23 (Post 516843)
around the same as Void. haha and thats only doing maybe 4 showes! we have our own trailer, and all thats stuff, but we also need to pay for a hotel room and the show fees are getting SOOOOO expensive its ridiculous!

3-5k for 4 shows? Wow! What shows are they?

My 1,200 is a low ball estimate... might creep toward 1,500 once the fall shows are factored in. But that's for about 20ish shows, dressage for my gelding and confirmation/FEH/USDF shows for my yearling filly. Thankfully none of ours require a hotel this year, and only 1 might require stabling if we decide to show both days.

ridergirl23 01-09-2010 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My Beau (Post 516893)
3-5k for 4 shows? Wow! What shows are they?

My 1,200 is a low ball estimate... might creep toward 1,500 once the fall shows are factored in. But that's for about 20ish shows, dressage for my gelding and confirmation/FEH/USDF shows for my yearling filly. Thankfully none of ours require a hotel this year, and only 1 might require stabling if we decide to show both days.

haha ya, its sad :lol: all of our showes require stableing for the hroses, and people :wink:

its probably more around 3k tho. haha well, hopefully its around less then 3k!

upnover 01-10-2010 12:27 AM

I only pay for shows on horses that I own (which I 'get back' when I sell the horse) or horses that I show for my own personal benefit. The rest I get paid to show, which is always great. I had a project I really wanted to show and probably spent about $4000 on him. (I did about 10-15 shows this year?) Fortunately that's all tax deductible for me!

Broken down...

I think I usually pay ~$100 in entry fees per local show (just a day, sometimes two). Our clients pay about double that once you add in hauling, day care, schooling, eq and medal classes (don't do those!), etc.

I pay $400-500 in entry fees per rated show (more if I do jumpers, darn those nominating fees!) + hotel. Which is about another $100. I think our clients pay, more then double once you add everything in there. Double THAT if it's a longer haul.

Yeah, shows are expensive!