The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   Gaited Dressage. Thoughts? (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/gaited-dressage-thoughts-44663/)

southerncowgirl93 01-09-2010 03:30 AM

Gaited Dressage. Thoughts?

What do you think about it? It is different tests of course. Not as hard as normal dressage tests. It's all gaited. No trotting. lol. They aren't difficult, I don't think, just my opinion from looking at them. Transitions, quality of gaits, all that jazz. They only go to the First Level Test. There's Training Level, Intro Level, and First Level. I would like to try some of the Training Level Patterns in a couple months. No competition of course. The horse is young. Just something I'd like to try. I want my horse to be as versatile as possible. Very well rounded. :lol: That way I may be able to compete in the TWHBEA Versatility Program in a few years. Here is a link to the Versatility Program page on their website, the Dressage test links are on the right hand side of the page. Lemme know your thoughts?

TWHBEA | Association

Jubilee 01-09-2010 11:05 AM

I think it is a great idea. Gaited horses can not compete in regular dressage tests so I rarely see gaited horse riders do any dressage work with their horses. Any horse can benifit from dressage training, whether they are gaited or not. I say go for it!

Jubilee

southerncowgirl93 01-09-2010 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jubilee (Post 516622)
I think it is a great idea. Gaited horses can not compete in regular dressage tests so I rarely see gaited horse riders do any dressage work with their horses. Any horse can benifit from dressage training, whether they are gaited or not. I say go for it!

Jubilee

Cool. :-) I forgot to mention, that at the shows where you can compete in it, they allow any cutback saddle or hunt seat or dressage saddle, and either Saddleseat attire, Huntseat attire, or traditional Dressage attire. Pretty lenient on the tack and attire since there are so many choices. I'd probably just do it in my cutback....if I ever showed.:shock:

ridergirl23 01-09-2010 11:59 AM

i think that sounds cool! i have always loved watching gaited horses and i think it would definitly benefit the horse and stuff. and it would be fun!

southerncowgirl93 01-19-2010 10:52 PM

bump. Has anyone ever seen it? I've only seen it once

Piaffe 01-19-2010 10:58 PM

wow...i didn't even know they had special dressage tests for gaited horses! i am curious to see more replies....

LadyDreamer 01-20-2010 12:02 AM

Why not? I think it is great!

Allison Finch 01-20-2010 12:50 AM

I love it! Why not?

Fowtrotter

TWH

I would like watching a five gaited test.

Gidji 01-20-2010 01:27 AM

Dressage is all about progression and training and I for one think Gaited dressage is great. I've never seen it in person, but the idea is wonderful. Why should Gaited Horses be singled out?

Dressage is a great way to get constructive criticism (and compliments), and it can really help with your training.

PaintingMissy 01-23-2010 10:33 AM

Yea this is sweet. Im so happy that they are starting to realize that gaited horses want to do dressage too.

We have a dressage day at my country fair and a girl that showed a tennesse walker would also get DQed because you know she can't trot. She tied mny times to get my trainer to let her out of it but you know how trainers are... once they are stuck on something they just wont let it go.