The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Need help quick!

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  PechosGoldenChance 
#1 ·
Ok so I have had my mare for sale and have yet to had someone come to look at her....until today. Of course the weather has been cold and nasty and muddy the last couple of weeks and my grey horse is orange from the mud and dirt. I need some tips on how to make her a little less well gross looking!! Seriously she is orange from head to tail!

#2 ·
Since its so cold, I can't offer much advice, but you could take a warm bucket of water and a washcloth/sponge, and try to get some of the worst of it off. Be careful though and make sure she dries well. And, take a metal curry to get some of the mud off. I'd just explain about why she looks like that, and show pics of her in her...better moments. lol

#3 ·
This is going to be tough since it is cold outside you will not be able to give her a bath, but there are still ways you can clean her.

Start by currying her and brushing her off the best you can. Soak some towels in hot water (just water, since you won't be able to rinse out the soap), wring out the rags so they are just damp, and then rub her all over with it. Do this inside a barn if you can so that the wind won't cool her too quickly. She won't get very wet from this, but still rub her all over with a dry rag so that she is completely dry. You can also take wet wipes (like what you use for babies) to clean her face and any really stubborn spots, the soap in those wipes are mild enough that they won't irritate her skin if left on. All this may not take all the stains out, but it will clean her up. Make sure her mane and tail is all combed out too.

To top it off, you can rob baby powder in her coat to give it a whitening effect. Plus it leaves her smelling fresh and feeling clean to the touch.

That's the best advice I have to offer. Just make your best effort and I am sure the potential buyer will understand.

Jubilee

#4 ·
Gave you ever heard of "Slick N Easy" grooming blocks? You groom your horse with them like you would use a hardbrush, and they remove stains incredibly!

Probably you don't want to bathe because of the cold, but if you happen too you could use whitening shampoo.

Keep her in a blanket so she can't get all that dirty.

A thorough groom through should get her at least somewhat better.... good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.