The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   My Breyer Collection (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/my-breyer-collection-44713/)

Crimsonhorse01 01-09-2010 07:38 PM

My Breyer Collection

I am thinking about putting my Breyer collection up for sale, but I dont know what their value is. Is there a site that can tell me?

Breyer horses slideshow by crimsonhorse01 - Photobucket

myQHpaul 01-09-2010 08:23 PM

You have about as many as I do. LOL I always checked on ebay to see how much they were going for. Good luck with the sale. It looks like you have a lot of nice ones. Might consider listing some on this site as well.

roro 01-09-2010 09:05 PM

Like myQHpaul said the best way to find out is by searching ebay for what your models are going for. Knowing the specific name of the model and anything special about it (discontinued, special edition, unique color etc) can help a lot. Things like broken legs and worn down pain will subtract from the model's value, so keep that in mind when setting the price.

horseluver250 01-09-2010 10:07 PM

I sell some models on ebay, usually just ones I custom painted. I tried selling some boxed models, but the new horses do not go very well on ebay. If you have some vintage models, like ones from the 60s, then you might have better luck on ebay. Limited editions go for better prices as well. You can try to modelhorsesalespages.com. Also you can buy the breyer collector's guide that has the prices listed in there.

horseluver250 01-09-2010 10:30 PM

Just pmed you crimsonhorse

PaintHorseMares 01-10-2010 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horseluver250 (Post 517248)
...I tried selling some boxed models, but the new horses do not go very well on ebay. If you have some vintage models, like ones from the 60s, then you might have better luck on ebay. Limited editions go for better prices as well....

Very true and like anything else, they are only worth what someone wants to pay. For example, Breyer #51 (Yellow Mount) is not the best horse Breyer ever produced, but is near and dear to us that have Yellow Mount in our horse's bloodline.