The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Hobbies (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/)
-   -   Grand Champions (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/grand-champions-44725/)

My2Geldings 01-09-2010 08:19 PM

Grand Champions

The "Breyer" thread got me wondering about this. Does anyone here did collect GC at any point? I just found a few boxes of them when they were still out. The most amazing horse collection ever put together.

Grand Champions - Official Site - The Most Beautiful Horses in the World! Toy horses, Playsets, Riders, Accessories

Sophie19 01-09-2010 09:06 PM

I had a bunch when I was a kid. I kept my Breyers but I don't know what happened to my Grand Champions.

AQHA13 01-09-2010 09:17 PM

I had the Lipizzaner Stallion when I was younger. Unfortunately when his mane got tangled I roached it, my mom wasn't too happy. :P

My2Geldings 01-10-2010 12:50 AM

They sure brought me a lot of memories. I still have every barn imaginable that ever came out that fit them :lol: I could never get rid of any of it.

Wallaby 01-10-2010 01:00 AM

Oh goodness. I totally have a draft one, I think it's a belgian...It's set up exactly like the dapple gray draft only it's a palomino or something with a black and red harness deal. And I have the mare and foal one, they're white, back in my "white Arabs are the best ever!" stage. Hahahaha And I have a black hanoverian dressage mare one, I didn't see it on the website.

I absolutely adored them as a kid. I think getting those three are my absolute favorite gift getting experiences ever.

CheyAut 01-10-2010 08:29 AM

I have some of them, although I much prefer my Breyers ;)

Ink 01-10-2010 09:51 PM

Oh grand champions! I can remember me and my friends playing with them in the hayloft. Sadly I think I got rid of all of them. Most of my Breyers survived the last garage sale, but not the Grand Champions.

I likes the ones that you could move their heads up and down. And they had little magnets in their noses so they could pick up carrots :)

luvmyqh 01-10-2010 10:13 PM

i used to collect them but not any more!!

My2Geldings 01-11-2010 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallaby (Post 517397)
Oh goodness. I totally have a draft one, I think it's a belgian...It's set up exactly like the dapple gray draft only it's a palomino or something with a black and red harness deal. And I have the mare and foal one, they're white, back in my "white Arabs are the best ever!" stage. Hahahaha And I have a black hanoverian dressage mare one, I didn't see it on the website.

I absolutely adored them as a kid. I think getting those three are my absolute favorite gift getting experiences ever.

I couldn't agree more! I think I went on for a few years asking just GC for birthdays and Christmases :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheyAut (Post 517547)
I have some of them, although I much prefer my Breyers ;)

You know it's funny because for some reason I never got into Breyers. I think the Grand Champions were more fun to me because you could get matching sets and they always came with tack or various extras. I think I have 1 breyer somewhere.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ink (Post 518453)
Oh grand champions! I can remember me and my friends playing with them in the hayloft. Sadly I think I got rid of all of them. Most of my Breyers survived the last garage sale, but not the Grand Champions.

I likes the ones that you could move their heads up and down. And they had little magnets in their noses so they could pick up carrots :)

I know! I always thought it was the neatest. Did you ever collect the ones that could jump? they had a button on their back that you could press, and it would put them in jumping form. Thought those were pretty incredible as well :lol:

Lucara 01-11-2010 02:47 PM

aw man I used to have a closet full of those. The magnetic noses were the coolest thing ever when I was young. NOSTALGIA!