The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Riding a sort? i think so!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/riding-sort-i-think-so-44741/)

Sghorselover 01-09-2010 11:45 PM

Riding a sort? i think so!!!

sorry i ment sport!!!

Yeah so when ever this comes up in lass no one believes me!! I hate this argument!!!

In my world I think riding is a huge and dangerous sport.
Its a partnership
On some website it says cheerleading is more of a sport. oh yeah doing cartwheels and twirling is way harder than riding a 1200 lb. animal with a mind of its own and jumping obstacles and running through creeks and basic falt work is harder than that!!!! NO WAY!!!!!!
But im like really mad so im gonna write about it and if you can help me get more evidence!!! thanks

Dani9192 01-10-2010 03:55 AM

I know right!!!!! OMG I got in this argument with this kid in my class that plays football and soccer. He was talking about how riding a horse is like driving a car, and he could do it, it wouldn't be that hard. He doesn't think it should be in the olympics...blah, blah, blah. HA! Sureeeeeee. It's not that I don't think football and soccer wouldn't be hard, I just hate when people see real riding as easy, like it's no work at all. IRRITATING

EquestrianHollywood 01-10-2010 12:05 PM

OMG i hate that! Whenever someone says it, I always say. "Dude seriously, come out and ride my thoroughbred for 10 minutes of straight posting the trot...and you will walk away sore, proving that when you ride a horse you gain muscle!." Horseback riding is much more of a sport than cheerleading. We have to have control of a very large animal, and we push everything to the limits!!! Argh, that is thee most frustrating thing to be said...EVER!. okay, i rest my case..lol

ridergirl23 01-10-2010 01:09 PM

ya it sorta annoying when people used to telll me that. but lets not pick on other sports (cheerleading) otherwise everyone gets defensive and it all goes downhill ;)
when they tell you riding isnt a sport tell them: more people DIE from riding in a year then any other sport. and your telling ME riding is easy?

haha that shuts em up everytime

HorsePride 01-10-2010 05:10 PM

Yeh its annoying. But there i.d.i.o.t.s. MAYBE they went on a trail ride as a beginner - that isn't proper riding exactly. Thats being a passenger. Letting the horse do it all, but now i just feel sorry for the poor souls.