The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Greetings from Washington! (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/greetings-washington-44754/)

Kratty 01-10-2010 02:19 AM

Greetings from Washington!

Hello there Horse Forum community! : ) I'm Katie, and I'm from Matlock, Washington. I'm seventeen, and have been around horses for most of my life, but I didn't start riding until seven years ago, and started taking lesson around that time. I've spent most of my time since then devoted to learning as much as I can about horses, training, riding, and just about everything else! I have a few other hobbies aside from horses, which include writing((I never finish anything I start though, haha!)), making money, and cooking. Horses are my favorite of these though, and you can bet most of my time is spent with my horse. : )

I have one horse, a quarter horse gelding named Missile. He's my 'first' horse, though I had a few other horses I cared for and rode prior to him. He is six years old, and I was lucky enough to find my perfect horse so early in both of our lives. Even if he is a knuckle head sometimes and tries to pull my shoulder out of it's socket or get away with cheating through a training session, haha!

Well, that's about me in a nutshell! Haha, I'm quite glad to have found a horse community that is active and friendly, and I'm looking forward to getting to know the place and the people better! : )

Klassic Superstar 01-10-2010 03:10 AM

Welcome! Cute horse! I am also from WA! My horse is in Port Orhard but I live in seattle! Cant wait to know more about you and your horse and see pictures!

Fowl Play 01-10-2010 10:22 AM

I am also from Washington. I live up north. I actually joined because I know that my daughter will eventually get a horse so I needed a place to go to teach myself as much as I could. Now, in a moment of weakness, I am getting ready to start taking lessons myself.

Kratty 01-10-2010 02:17 PM

Ah well it's nice to meet you both! Always fun to meet other people from Washington. : )

Haha, and thank you Klassic! I used to live up in Bremerton, we just moved down here near Shelton last year. I know a lot of people who ride in that area. : )

Aww, I think taking lessons is a good idea! My mom started taking lessons with me a few years ago, and it was a lot of fun! Not to mention very helpful for the both of us, I was a little more advanced than my mom, so she always could ask me about things, or watch me if she wanted to see how to do something, but she was better at some things too, so I could watch and ask her about them so I could understand hem better.

eventerdrew 01-10-2010 02:26 PM

Welcome to the Forum! Your horse is so cute! What discipline do you ride?

Kratty 01-10-2010 02:30 PM

Thanks eventerdrew! Your horses are really cute too! : ) I mostly ride every way, I like to keep an open mind about that sort of thing, haha. I do enjoy reining the most though, and that's my first goal with my gelding, is to teach him reining, and hopefully if he isn't too scared of the cows, cutting and sorting. I also really like dressage too though.

eventerdrew 01-10-2010 02:39 PM

Thanks for the compliment!

That's awesome that you are open to so many disciplines. Makes you a well rounded rider! I so wish I could try reining. But my two Tb's and my TB cross would freak out if they had to actually *gasp* stop! lol.

I've heard cutting is super fun. Good luck with that! I bet there are people on here that could give you advice about how to get your horse used to cows.