The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   pricing?? (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/pricing-4476/)

giget 11-25-2007 02:01 AM

pricing??

i have been working a horse or a friend and we made a deal that we would split the profit of her sale but we dont no anything about pricing.

she is a 7 yr old thoroughbred mare by 'Never Undercharge.' she has basic dressage (on the bit, right leads et) and is an excellent jumper on hight up to 1.1mt with ease and were still going higher. lovely conformation and personality needs an intermediate to experienced rider as she occasionaly spooks but nothing big. my instructer has claimed her one of the nicest moving and loveiest looking horses she has seen (she judges royal shows ect)

any ideas with pricing??

lakotalegend15 11-25-2007 10:36 AM

sure! well believe it or not it depend on what state you are in. like, in new england, maine NH, conneticuit probably 4500

in tennesee and kentucky horse would go cheeper, like 3000 because she is still green it sounds?

to make a more accurate price range i need to know: has she had months of prf. training? does she have good blood lines? is she a mare( i'm not sure if you said)? could she be used breeding? is she beautiful enough? is shbe a good mover? ballanced? good around kids? seven is agood age. is she green in any gaits>willing? it's good she can jump. if you can answer those i can give you a better answer@! good luck!

giget 11-25-2007 10:40 PM

well im located in australia so that prob wont help u lol. she is a mare. her father raced in the melbourne cup iv been told. was bred by bart cummins. she has EFA D grade experince with several shows with her old owner. she is very nicely built. nice enought looking to do royal shows. nicely balance when fully warmed up bit wonking when she isnt.
has been ridden by 10 year old begginer but should go to experinced home. very willing mover with a soft mouth and sides.

lakotalegend15 11-26-2007 01:26 PM

haha well since you are located in australia ( which is beautiful by the way..) yes i can only give you what i would price it here

6500.dollars

but i live in new england in the US and things are xpensxive here- i'm not sure what they are in austrailia.. lol

but hope that helped!

e.c.

giget 11-26-2007 08:39 PM

lol well thats a bugga. weve got the drought going on which has droppen the price of many horses

giget 11-27-2007 10:01 PM

any one else??? :D

Jacki 11-29-2007 07:32 AM

Hi Gidget!

Wow I can’t believe I found another Aussie on this site! Yay! I’m in NSW. So you wanna price your girl… It is a terrible time to sell at the moment with EI. However, I just bought a boy so go figure! A good horse will always be a good horse. Your girl is perfect age, she jumps well so big +. Dressage doesn’t sound that crash hot but basics is, better than a poke in the eye wit a blunt stick! Check your local/state classifieds & horsedeals to size her up, then add at least another $500 so you can say obo. If she is as nice as you say I would say $4000.
Have you got a pic?
It’s really difficult, with the drought and nobody buying cos of EI, there is a massive backlog of horses for sale. The colt I just bought I got $3000 off his original price, at the beginning of the year, which was a higher price than his older brothers went for in previous years.
It depends too, on how much of a hurry you are in to sell?
Pictures tell a thousand words, get some great shots of her, jazzed up for dressage in a nice shape forward moving trot, pretty head shot (makeup), and a good one of her jumping, at as high as you can get her. I know I sound doggy but, if you can also get a pic of her being sweet with a little kid, lol.
Put her in horsedeals with these and she’ll sell.
It really is difficult to say without pics and knowing your local area. Sometimes you can be really lucky selling a horse, the right person is looking for what you have, other times it seems to take FOREVER for a wonderful horse to sell.
Let us know what your thinking and we can bounce ideas.
Good luck :D

giget 11-29-2007 11:57 PM

where not in that much of a hurry to sell mostly over the next few months as im due to start travelling. i havnt got any photos of her right now the other owner does i think. yeah the dressage is pretty basic coz thats all i no how to teach lol!!! she has been out of work this month due to a change in agistment. so im thinking ill start working her again and then just advertiser on horsedeals ect and just say the longer she is in work the more the price is going to go up. if i dont sell her i dont really mind will just board her with my dad while i travel and then come back and work her as i think i can get her up to a grade efa so thanks heaps for ur help. (sorry about the rambling)

sofii 12-10-2007 10:23 AM

bowt ... £4000

Magic 01-05-2008 11:52 PM

well, she sounds really good with a lot of potential. $10,000 considering you have a drought going on and all.