The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (
-   Horse Grooming (/horse-grooming/)
-   -   Hairy Filly, I Pulled Her Mane A Bit To Clean Up (

HorsePoornBigSky 01-10-2010 08:38 PM

Hairy Filly, I Pulled Her Mane A Bit To Clean Up
Hi everyone thought I would post some pictures of my grulla Quarter horse filly Sage. She is almost 3 years old. I plan on taking her into a few schooling shows this spring. Nothing big, just for exposure. I've started keeping a blanket on her so that maybe she won't be so wooly. She's lost quite a bit of winter hair but I'm thinking she's in need of a fleece sleazy. I also pulled her mane. It's very thick at the top three-quarters of her mane and then gets thin so I didn't do much to that. I'll straighten it up a bit more when the show gets closer but now it's not really wild. Thank you for looking.

Mane Cleaned Up A Little Bit

ilovesonya 01-10-2010 09:01 PM

Nice! She looks better with it pulled. More cleaned up, in my opinion. What kind of classes are you planning on entering?

BTW- I love her face!

HorsePoornBigSky 01-10-2010 09:11 PM

Thank you. I plan on doing halter and showmanship for sure. I haven't decided yet if we are going to do walk trot classes or the green horse classes. Once the show is closer we'll decide for sure.

This is a better picture of her head.

kkayleebrooke 01-10-2010 09:27 PM

She's really pretty. How is she bred?

RoosterDo 01-10-2010 09:38 PM

awwww Im in love, she is beautiful.

HorsePoornBigSky 01-10-2010 09:47 PM

Thank you. She's cow bred. Music mount, Zippo pat bar, Nu bar twist, King and Hollywood Gold.

This is her pedigree. I'm hoping for her to take to cattle.

Honeysuga 01-10-2010 09:51 PM

Lovely little girl. She looks much better with her mane pulled, much tidier. Though I must say, her bit looks just a bit too far up... just an observation. I love her color!

HorsePoornBigSky 01-10-2010 09:57 PM

What your seeing is a shadow type affect. The hair is darker there. Not too tight by any means. We will work with it snug an other times a little loose to make her learn to carry the bit. Thank you, apperciate you pointing it out though.

HorseOfCourse 01-10-2010 10:06 PM

I LOVE the color of your saddle! and horse! lol. shes very nice.

HorsePoornBigSky 01-11-2010 12:55 PM

Thank you. That is my first brand new saddle I've had. It's chesnut color which I do like but wish it was a little darker. I'll oil it evenly and make it a little darker.