The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Contests (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-contests/)
-   -   Video Contest! English Equitation on the Flat. ~ (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-contests/video-contest-english-equitation-flat-%7E-45016/)

dressagexlee 01-12-2010 10:26 PM

Video Contest! English Equitation on the Flat. ~

http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/a...deocontest.png
This is a video contest to see who has the best equitation on the flat.
The rules are as stated here. Read them or you shall be eaten.

Rules ~
  • Video will be judged only! Pictures can be added for fun, but they will not be judged.
  • Videos must be compiled and merged with music. (Example) You don't have to have effects, but music is required. IF YOUTUBE REMOVES YOUR MUSIC make a claim to them saying that you are not making profit of the video and that it is for entertainment purposes only! It works most of the time, and it is your part of your rights. If this doesn't work, try uploading to Viddler.
  • No jumping, it will not be judged either. This is a flat contest so that everybody can join in.
  • Any english riders welcome. Jumpers, dressage, hunters, pleasure, etcetera. I have no idea what to look for with western.
  • Any horse(s) welcome, you don't have to only them.
  • Your video must include walk, posting trot, and sitting canter. Optional movements to include are sitting trot, half-seated or posting canter, riding on the lunge line, work without stirrups, hand gallop or gallop, lengthened/extended/collected/etcetera gaits, and lateral work. No jumping clips.
  • Judging is based off of effective riding. So, stylish hunter booties and pretty lengthened trots will not earn you brownie points unless you are an effective rider. ;3
  • There is no secret code. Type in a funny word.
  • You are partly judged on artistic impression with the video. Choose good music and, if used, effects that fit well. Correct grammar and spelling would be nice if your video has words in it.
  • I swear to the sky, if I hear Boom Boom Pow, well... Let's just say that it will not be pretty. X.x Same goes for crazy seizure effects.
  • Please fill out the form correctly!
  • The contest is closed when we have ten entrants.
Prizes for first, second, third, and forth will be a custom avatar and siggy set made by me. Winners will be messaged with the details when the contest is judged.

Entry Form ~
  • Video URL:
  • Horse(s) Name(s):
  • Your Main Discipline(s):
  • Song Title:
  • Program(s) Used:
  • Type the Super Secret Code:

eventerwannabe 01-12-2010 11:30 PM

Can it only be one horse? Hmm, I might enter. =]

dressagexlee 01-12-2010 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eventerwannabe (Post 520608)
Can it only be one horse? Hmm, I might enter. =]

It doesn't matter, any number of horses is fine. It doesn't matter if you own them, lease them, exercise them for somebody, etcetera. ~

blush 01-13-2010 12:00 AM

Yay! I'm totally gonna enter your contest Lee!! :] :] Sounds uber fun hehe.
But I have some new footage that I'll make a video so I'll offically enter in a couple days. :3

~*~anebel~*~ 01-13-2010 12:02 AM

Just a disclaimer, you said "any discipline is OK!" and I do dressage and well... I don't post trot that often. Unless I'm having a fish-on-land-in-saddle day or for the few minutes I'm stretching pon before I start schooling. I do sitting trot and that's it! So I hope you can just imagine my pretty bum coming out of the saddle every stride in the trot :)
  • Horse(s) Name(s): Rowan
  • Your Main Discipline(s): Dressage
  • Song Title: Can't remember the song name but it's a Hank Hirsh song
  • Program(s) Used: JVC Everio Software
  • Type the Super Secret Code: Spork
There's no real editing in my video because it's more for my coach to watch and then tell me what I'm doing wrong than for entering contests... BUT. Yeah.

dressagexlee 01-13-2010 12:08 AM

Thanks for the entry! That's fine if you don't post the trot, your lovely sitting trot makes up for it! ~
That barn looks familiar, yet I know I've never been there.

We now have one official entry.

ThatNinjaHorse 01-13-2010 06:07 PM

*sigh*
may as well enter
*goes to make vid*

dressagexlee 01-15-2010 06:33 PM

Just bumping this up, hmm? ~

ThatNinjaHorse 01-18-2010 09:47 PM

• Video
  • Horse(s) Name(s): Sandy Bar midnight ninja (Shadow)
  • Your Main Discipline(s): Done a bit of everything
  • Song Title: Life is a highway
  • Program(s) Used: Sony vegas
  • Type the Super Secret Code: supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

dressagexlee 01-18-2010 11:03 PM

Recieved yours, Ninja! His trot reminds me a little of Freddy's. He seems to enjoy his turn-out very much! xD

We now have two official entries.