The Horse Forum banner

ummm~Hi

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  strawboss 
#1 ·
Well--I'm in Texas, am older than most all of you...Still enjoying learning about horses..Am well past the idea that I know it all.

#7 ·
I'm a bit over 40---- Oh heck,no reason to be coy--I'm 66..most of my mind still works and I can remember when there was no Paint/Pinto breed,no Appalossa either(I think)

#8 ·
I remember as well when Paint, Pinto and Piebald were all only colours. Palamino was under debate at the time. Appaloosa has always been a breed in the horsey part of my lifetime that I am aware of. A pony was anything under 14.2h, colouring and breeding didn't matter. And all quarter horses were easily HORSES not PONIES! hahahaha

Somewhere there is a thread on here about how old we all are, but I couldn't find it.

#11 ·
hello down there in baja oklahoma. welcome.
the appaloosa was bred by the nez perce indians of the north western united states. they once were a great breed before horse shows. now some don't even have proper color. but horse shows have bred the brains out of most modern horses. and quarter horses weren't always large. cow ponies were called that for a reason. small hearty horses that could work hard and survive on what they found to eat on the trail.
i've heard of joker b but don't know his story. just know he's famous or i wouldn't know of him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.