The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Hey from Scotland (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/hey-scotland-45260/)

CyanideBreakfast 01-16-2010 03:40 PM

Hey from Scotland

Hello peoples =)
I'm Jen or Jeni or CyanideBreakfast (whichever you're happiest with). I'm 18 and I've been riding for 11 years. Just over a year ago I was asked if I wanted to look after one of the livery horses at the yard I go to. So I arranged to go up and see the horse and ride it and I'm still riding him.
Taffy is 15.1hh, 15 years old dark bay Thoroughbred cross Connemara gelding. He's a stubborn wee horse and we have many arguments when we're trying to work but we're starting to make some progress with him. He's a bit of a backwards horse in that he has an upside down neck (he's built up muscles along the underside of his neck rather than along the top) and his quarters are overbuilt and his hindquarters underbuilt, so he is a real challenge to get working nicely. I made a breakthrough on Friday night though: I got him to work in an outline without too much fuss.
He loves jumping and I love jumping so it has the potential to be a good combination if we can get him working properly. That said, we won a rosette at our local show last summer and we've won clear rounds at fundraisers the yard has held and at Ingliston Equestrain centre, where everyone likes to go for the clear rounds. Basically, Taffy isn't a bad horse, but he could be better.
Anyways...I doubt I'll ever give up riding. It's a form of therapy to me and my horse is my best friend.
In addition to the riding, I enjoy listening to music and going to gigs and reading, especially books about vampires (but not Twilight - those vampires aren't very good). Feel free to ask me questions about myself and my life which pretty much revolves around when I can next go riding.

free_sprtd 01-19-2010 04:47 AM

Hey there welcome to the HF :)!

What are some of your favorite Vamp books? I enjoy them as well!

My2Geldings 01-22-2010 12:56 PM

Welcome to the forum :D

CecilliaB 01-22-2010 01:03 PM

Welcome!

Vidaloco 01-22-2010 01:16 PM

Welcome to the forum :D The Ann Rice books are the only Vampire books I've read. That was many years ago, before they made any movies :lol:
Sounds like you and Taffy have fun together.

FloofTheShire 01-23-2010 02:46 PM

hello there, nice to meet ya^^