The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Critique Movement (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/critique-movement-45379/)

TwisterRush 01-17-2010 08:09 PM

Critique Movement

Here are video's from Lunging today, and our first ride yesterday..
Only critique him please in the riding video.
Be harsh, but be nice. Nothing nice to say, dont say it at all.
Okay, good, thank you (:

First Ride

Lunging

TwisterRush 01-17-2010 09:29 PM

Anyone..? BUMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPP

Romantic Lyric 01-17-2010 11:25 PM

Where's your helmet girl?! First ride on any horse, no matter how docile or old he may be, should definitely have a helmet (though I wear a helmet every time I ride). Especially if you're riding him in a paddock with other horses which introduces a whole bunch of distractions he may or may not tolerate well.

That being said, he looks like he has very nice ground manners.

TwisterRush 01-17-2010 11:57 PM

^
I know, i know.. i dont have a helmet... YET. but i am going to be getting one...

TwisterRush 01-18-2010 01:32 PM

bump (:

horsea 01-18-2010 02:56 PM

He seems to have really smooth and pretty gaits. If you plan on showing any, I think he would do really good in the pleasure circut. He has really good ground manners, too. (I have to comment on your riding: you have a really good seat. Bareback sitting trot is hard lol!) :)

TwisterRush 01-18-2010 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horsea (Post 525568)
He seems to have really smooth and pretty gaits. If you plan on showing any, I think he would do really good in the pleasure circut. He has really good ground manners, too. (I have to comment on your riding: you have a really good seat. Bareback sitting trot is hard lol!) :)

lol thank you :D !
The sitting trot bareback took me alot of work kind of, actually i ALMOST have it perfected, but i started doing alot of bareback riding(all year last year.)

Me and him plan on doing english pleasure and maybe hunter/jumpers depending on how he jumps.
(:

horsea 01-18-2010 03:29 PM

You are welcome! It really shows that you have worked on it because it looks really good! Perfecting that really helps your riding in the saddle, too.

He looks like an english pleasure/ hunter horse lol, good luck on him :)

TwisterRush 01-18-2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horsea (Post 525599)
You are welcome! It really shows that you have worked on it because it looks really good! Perfecting that really helps your riding in the saddle, too.

He looks like an english pleasure/ hunter horse lol, good luck on him :)

Im glad it's noticable :D

and again thank you lol.

horsea 01-18-2010 03:40 PM

:) You're welcome! (Just read his story as well, that's awesome what you did!)