The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Barn Maintenance (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/)
-   -   Don't know what to do/how to do it (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/dont-know-what-do-how-do-45609/)

paintluver 01-20-2010 08:07 PM

Don't know what to do/how to do it

Ok, I have a little dilemma.
I have been boarding at a barn for almost a year now. I love it there but there are some problems.
-No real riding area
-The water freezes up in winter
- it is only about 8 acres that the horses are on

And at my dad's barn there is
-Running water year round
-30-40 acres of riding land
-very cheap
-good fencing

My problem is that I want to move my horses down to my dad's barn because then Bean will feel better because Romeo will be with him again. ANd Demi would be able to be with her old herd again (Cecil and Kodee).
But my mom doesn't want to move.
My question is should I try to talk my mom into moving the horses, or stay where I am?

And if I want to move how would I bring it up to my mom?

Honeysuga 01-20-2010 08:31 PM

It is only logical to want to move to the better facility...

Why is everyone separate? How far away are they?

paintluver 01-20-2010 10:02 PM

Everyone is seperate because my dad originally bought PintoBean and put him at the barn I am at. But then he bought Minnie and the BO didn't want a horse in Minnie's condition at her barn, so my dad moved Minnie and Bean down the road to the barn he is currently at. Romeo was then alone so my dad found three horses for sale ($250 all together) and bought them and he gave me Demi so that Romeo wouldn't be alone. But now that the water is freezing, the barn I am at is more expensive and Romeo and Pinto miss eachother (I think it would help PintoBean to get over Minnie's passing) and then Demi, Cecil, and Kodee would be together again.

ilovestitch 01-20-2010 10:29 PM

I agree, its only logical to want to move your horses to the place with better facilities. I would bring it up to your mom and just rationally go over the pros and cons and see what she says, all you can do is ask.

rocky pony 01-24-2010 11:28 PM

Why exactly doesn't she want to move? It sounds like your horses would be a lot better off over there

paintluver 01-25-2010 05:31 PM

I honestly think it is because they are divorced and she doesn't want to deal with that...