The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   Just a quick question.....just wondering. lol. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/just-quick-question-just-wondering-lol-4575/)

BluMagic 12-02-2007 04:57 PM

Just a quick question.....just wondering. lol.

Okay, as most of you know Blu has pink and blue skin. In the spring and summer when he sheds his coat his skin color is very noticeable in many areas: face, genitals, neck, etc. I want him to look sparkly white. I have been told to wash him with "Blue-ing", I think. But that is only for his coat. Would there be a way to make him all white??? Thanks...lol :-D

Vidaloco 12-04-2007 06:47 AM

They make some horse shampoos to "enhance" a horses color. Make black blacker, white whiter etc. Check some horse supply sites or your local shops. I'm not sure if I would use laundry bluing on his skin, he might have a reaction. I have only heard it used on mane and tail. If its his skin that is showing through I'm not sure if there is anything you can do about it except wait till he furs back up again and try the color enhancers. Anything you use be sure to do a patch test in a small area first before applying it to his whole body. You wouldn't want just RED rash showing :wink:

barnrat 12-04-2007 02:03 PM

for our fleabitten arab we had a white enhancer it made him look so handsome....and If we didnt get all the shampoo out it made him look blue :) lol. I definitely would not use the laundry bluing or whatever just because I would be scared of it harming him.

BluMagic 12-04-2007 10:23 PM

Ok sounds great! I wasn't too sure about what it really was anyways. lol. Thanks for the replies everyone! I am looking forward to sending Spring photos of Blu all sparkly white!!! :-D

Delregans Way 12-05-2007 03:36 AM

:D Yes i agree, it could irritate him alil...Cant wait to see some pictures of him all squeky clean lol :)

barnrat 12-05-2007 04:57 PM

waiting....lol. I guess it will be forever until this EVIL winter goes away.

BluMagic 12-05-2007 10:28 PM

yup...I don't like Winter. Snow would be great if it wasn't so cold! lol. Plus, Winter means less riding... :-( Although, I do get to spend more time with my puppies! lol.