The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Eventing (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/)
-   -   Cross Country - Should I Go? (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/cross-country-should-i-go-45770/)

ChingazMyBoy 01-22-2010 05:10 AM

Cross Country - Should I Go?

Heyy,

So I've been invited to go out on the cross country course with some of the advanced eventers. These girls are the best :D. One being Aamelia, so I'm pretty excited about this. So we'd just do the little logs, tyre jumps and play in the water and if I don't feel comfortable just ride around the jumps. Watching the other girls go over them and learning. So what do you guys think of the idea. I just thought I'd post, I'd just like for you to remember that I will be with very advanced riders, who I am sure will not let me continue jumping if it is unsafe for Chinga or I.

maura 01-22-2010 05:39 AM

Sounds like a wonderful idea and like lots of fun.

wild_spot 01-22-2010 06:06 AM

Of course you should go, I don't know why you would even contemplate not going :]

Gidji 01-22-2010 07:02 AM

Maddie, go! Seriously, if you and Chinga don't get your butts into line, I'm coming to QLD and forcing you two to start learning. It'll be a great learning experience and so what if you don't do the big jumps? Take in what you can from these girls and take advantage of this great chance :)

eventerdrew 01-22-2010 09:35 AM

I agree. Going to the schooling is a very good opportunity. This will give you and Chinga a look into the eventing world without pressure. It is so good for inexperienced horses to get out and just see everything and hang out. I did this a couple of times with every green horse. Just take it easy and your coach will tell you what is appropriate for your level. HAVE FUN! you will love it

MIEventer 01-22-2010 10:35 AM

Exactly, go, go have fun! Get lots of piccies!

StormyBlues 01-22-2010 10:36 PM

YEAH! WE DEMAND PICS AND VIDS! haha! Have FUNN! And remember water! No matter how cold it is, I always need water!

ChingazMyBoy 01-22-2010 10:39 PM

Thank you to you all! I'm super excited. But sadly we won't be able to actually go for a month, as Rusty has been lame (my instructors horse) and another of the girls horses is doing fitness, this good as more practise time.

jody111 01-31-2010 04:13 AM

U will love it - U should go (and take a camera....) a month will come around in no time...

just go out there and have fun

Mickey4793 01-31-2010 10:55 AM

I once got talked into riding in a Bruce Davidson cross country clinic. Most terrifying experience of my life, as I had only ever done BN sized jumps, and we were doing training and Prelim ones Dx and really really scary jumps!
But I learned a lot so I say, hey. Go for it!