The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Weg 2010 (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/weg-2010-a-45824/)

kyna 01-22-2010 06:01 PM

Weg 2010

I was wondering if anyone is heading to Kentucky for the WEG in the fall?
The owners of the arabs I ride are aiming to be part of Canada West's Endurance team and I was hoping to be able to go out and crew or at least be support! :-P

Anyone else aiming to be out there, riding or spectating? I would love to go and catch some other events too but I will be in my fourth year of University so can't miss much school so I think it will be a quick trip (If i go that is ahah)

dantexeventer 01-22-2010 11:35 PM

I'll be volunteering during the Eventing competition! I'm signed up to work in the D-Box for cross-country and man the warm-ups/assist riders/help the jump crew for the showjumping. I'm so excited, especially as I'll also be grooming at Rolex this year!

Kayty 01-23-2010 02:03 AM

Lucky buggers living in the US! I envy anyone living in dressage central in Europe, or in America. In Aus we have hardly got any decent sized equestrian events, like we've got "Dressage with the Stars", "Equitana" and a few big championship events. But never get anything like WEG haha! I'd love to go, but uni beckons and my bank account dwindles, maybe next time ;)

Have fun!!

kyna 01-23-2010 08:07 PM

I live in Canada, not US! lol But same continent so easier to get to that Aus haha.

Isn't this the first time that WEG has been in North America?

Oooh dantexeventer, I am jealous I would love to go watch any of those events and you get to be up close and personal!

CheyAut 01-24-2010 03:54 AM

^ First time it's ever been outside of Europe!

Hubby and I will be there the final week, performing twice daily with the mini horse driving drill team we're on :) www.MiniMystique.org

wintec 01-24-2010 05:34 PM

I am going for the cross country and stadium phases of eventing. I am so excited

Kayty 01-25-2010 04:02 AM

haha oops I didn't even look at where you were located, just assumed US if you were going to WEG :S My bad!

Yeah it's never been out of Europe, so it's going to be interesting thats for sure!