The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   What Do You Want To Achive? (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/what-do-you-want-achive-45929/)

ChingazMyBoy 01-23-2010 08:48 PM

What Do You Want To Achive?

Hey,,

So I guess this is a similar to other threads posted, but it is also different. What would you like to achieve in the next year with your riding, it doesn't even have to be with your horse (but please feel free to share that as well)? Or even possibly the next five years.

With Chinga I would like to achieve a correct frame in general riding. I'd also love to work on his canter alot and get him really sensitive to my leg pressure (not overally). I'd also like to achieve a good jumping posistion and get him to "tuck" more over the jumps, so its not such a big jump because his lazy in the legs :lol:.

Corby, one of the horses I ride in my lessons, I'd love to have a better friendship with her. I'd love to start jumping her and getting her a little bit more giving. Shes a bit "Stubbon" and takes lots of asking. But shes for sure improved alot, that makes me happy.

MIEventer 01-23-2010 08:51 PM

Alot of things have changed for Nelson and I in the last month.

At first, I wanted to quallify to represent Michigan at the Kentucky Team Challange, but now - I want to have a strong, healthy horse again.

StormyBlues 01-23-2010 11:52 PM

Well....

-Get 10 or more Beginner Novices under my belt.

-Solidify my position!

-Get Geof coming up into my hands more.

-Qualify for Nationals

-Maybe get back into ice skating to tone my legs and core

-HAVE FUN!

wild_spot 01-24-2010 12:53 AM

I am aiming to get a lot more campdraft experience under my belt, and actually pick a good cow for once! A nice run on a cow that is running decently would really make my year.

I also really want to get Bundy flatter in his turns and powering out - He tends to hops around instead of being flat, and then take ages to get the momentum back up. Very frustrating when the cow is quicker!

dressagexlee 01-24-2010 12:58 AM

A few of my goals with Freddy specifically;
  • To achieve respect and relaxation.
  • To establish real forward, and real roundness.
  • Softness, flexibility, and consistency.
  • To try a snaffle bit when he's ready.
  • Take him to the Anderson Dressage shows.
  • First level.
  • To ride a Kur.
My goals specifically;
  • To be soft, feeling, giving, and effective.
  • To get on different horses.
  • To buy and bring along my own horse.
  • Rider levels, and start on my coaching certification.
  • Or Equine Massage Therapist.

wordstoasong 01-24-2010 07:09 PM

Goals for me would be:
- Get the canter and sitting trot seat almost perfect.
- Get my jumper/hunt/2-point seat perfect.

Goals for Murray would be:
- Get into frame at a nice trot.
- Standing still for mounting.
- Do well in a dressage show.

So far my only goals are that. Pretty basic.

sullylvr 01-24-2010 07:25 PM

My goals this year:
to start showing beg.novice
to show first level dressage
get a 26 on my ACT!!
work on my jumping position (not getting ahead of the jump)
not to stress out :)

horseluver2435 01-24-2010 08:46 PM

My goals:
-Possibly do one canter class at the end of this summer.
-That being said, work our butts off at cantering.
-Start up cavalettis and ground poles once more.
-Work on leg yielding, shoulder in, and side passing.
-Work on trail class stuff- backing up, side passing, opening gates, etc.
-Get out on trails more- work on getting Rainy more bombproof.
-Speaking of bombproof, do our best to settle Rainy down so she can be used in more lessons. Also, see about getting out to the barn to ride more often.
-Possibly seeing if I can excersize people's horses for them. I've been thinking about trying to do this for a while, and have a pretty good idea of how I would go about doing it, but since I barely have to time to ride my own horse, I'm thinking this would only be during the summer.
-Really work on headset.

I think that's it. :)

justsambam08 01-24-2010 08:49 PM

For myself and Ice:

-Work on our relationship....right now its about 75/25, and I want to bring it up to 50/50! Or at least for this year 60/40. Which brings me to my next goal....
-Learn to trust him more. I trust myself and my ability, but I know what he's capable of now and its a little intimidating when I'm on his back. We have our good days and our bad, but I want to have more good ones!
-Perfect his collection at a trot. He's shoddy at the beginning but the more I ask the lighter he gets. Right now he gets collected about the 3rd or 4th trot session...I want to get him collected in the first try!

For myself:

-Find a better paying job, or get a raise (lol)
-Move out of my parents house!
-Actually start a savings fund, rather than constantly using it up.
-Control my urges to buy Ice new tack all the time.

sillybunny11486 01-24-2010 08:58 PM

My goals:

Get Lacey sound for light trail riding, then find a trail riding buddy for us, so we can get to some local trails.

Get sonny ready to be ridden in 2011. Lots of ground work, probably bit and saddle him, at this time next year. I definatly want to despook him, and get him used to trailering to different places. I really want to do halter in the spring, so I am mostly going to be working on getting him responsive in hand.

Quick question- what is campdrafting??