The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   New Pads -Suitable for Hunters? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/new-pads-suitable-hunters-46077/)

ilovemyPhillip 01-25-2010 01:58 PM

New Pads -Suitable for Hunters?

Well, I got a new pad & polo wraps for Christmas. I want to know how frowned-upon it is to use them in local hunter shows? They're teal :wink:.

I've seen people use colored SQUARE pads, even though this is a show fleece pad, but colored. Just curious,I don't have any photo's :?.

But - since they're just local shows for fun, I was thinking about wearing a Hollister polo to match the pad. Like this..

http://www.hollisterco.com/hol/onlin...5_16_400_x.jpg

As I said before, just local shows for fun, anyone think it's okay? I have beige breeches and tall boots.

Oh, for reference, I bought to color to suit my pony.. (:

Alwaysbehind 01-25-2010 02:13 PM

In my opinion I think if riding at a hunter show it is never correct to have a colored pad. A fitted white pad is the way to go.

But I am the type who will not show with out my jacket even when the judge makes them optional because of the extreme heat.

Neat and tidy horse and rider with properly fitted tack is first thing after a well trained and cared for horse.

ilovemyPhillip 01-25-2010 02:30 PM

I see. Thanks for your input. Any others?

Speed Racer 01-25-2010 02:49 PM

Proper hunter attire should always be the norm, even in open shows.

No colored pads or wraps. Save the colored stuff for hacking or trail riding.

Yes, the colors are cute. No, they're not proper attire for the hunt ring, regardless of how many other people use them.

I'm a snob when it comes to acceptable turn out for shows. If you're serious about riding and showing in a particular discipline, you should always have the proper attire.

Alwaysbehind 01-25-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed Racer (Post 532623)

If you're serious about riding and showing in a particular discipline, you should always have the proper attire.

I have to agree.

And I know some judges who feel the same way and will mark you down if your are not wearing proper attire.

ilovemyPhillip 01-25-2010 04:55 PM

Okay then I'll just have him wear colors for play dates & lessons(:

maura 01-25-2010 06:51 PM

Ditto, ditto.

I would wear the polo shirt and the matching pad at a jumper show or combined test in a minute; and perhaps at a *schooling* hunter show, depending on how casual the show. If people are showing in chaps, I wouldn't quibble about the pad.

ilovemyPhillip 01-25-2010 07:38 PM

They're just local shows at my lesson barn. Here's a link!

Woodpecker Farm

ariielise 01-25-2010 07:58 PM

Why dont you ask your trainer since it's held at your lesson barn?

ilovemyPhillip 01-25-2010 08:09 PM

I think she'll agree I need to have proper attire. I'll ask her soon, next time I see her.