The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Jumping (http://www.horseforum.com/jumping/)
-   -   gypsy jumped her first line ! *video* (http://www.horseforum.com/jumping/gypsy-jumped-her-first-line-%2Avideo%2A-46130/)

gypsygirl 01-25-2010 10:01 PM

gypsy jumped her first line ! *video*

gypsy jumped her first line today & her first vertical =D im so proud of her !

there is music so you may want to turn your sound down =P

it was 3 trot poles spaced 5ft apart to a xrail, 60ft to the vertical

ilovesonya 01-25-2010 10:21 PM

Very nice! She looks cute over them and looks like she likes to jump!

Obsessedhorselover 01-25-2010 10:26 PM

Nice!She is so pretty!

gypsygirl 01-25-2010 10:28 PM

thanks =]
i can tell she loves it already, she gets so happy/excited after she jumps, its cute

gypsygirl 01-25-2010 10:29 PM

thanks obsessedhorselover =]

Romantic Lyric 01-26-2010 02:12 AM

Super cute! You guys make it look easy.

gypsygirl 01-26-2010 10:26 PM

thanks, i really am happy with how easy it was for her, when its just poles on the ground she tends to get squirrelly, but with both up as fences she was super straight, i guess she was just waiting for the challenge =]

gypsy also made a woman at my barns day. she used to be a trainer but she stopped for various reasons including injury. she was really into hunters & jumpers & everytime she sees me ride gypsy she says 'she wants to be a hunter !' she would probably do well at that, but it would be too boring for her, i know she wants to be an eventer =P i took the original sound out of the video because she was ohhing & ahhing everytime gypsy went over a jump haha

im so proud of my baby =D

ladybugsgirl 01-27-2010 05:17 PM

she is cute. What kind of horse is she, how old. I envy you people that jump. I miss jumping sooo much. I tried to jump my mare last nite and she refused and face planted me and I got a bad bloody nose.

gypsygirl 01-27-2010 10:40 PM

thats terrible !! im sorry =[

gypsy is hanoverian/tb, she is coming 4yo, thats why i am keeping the jumps so low for her. she was so excited to ride today ! but she seemed sort of put out when she realized we werent jumping, the indoor gets so boring !

my 21yo horse on the other hand got to go over some ground poles & cavaletti today [bareback with a halter & lead rope of course] & he totally ran away like a little maniac ! he gets so excited when i jump him over poles or tiny jumps bc hes normally just jumping with beginners & he knows not to run away with them...me on the other hand, i just laugh at him =P

HalfPass 01-28-2010 09:46 AM

Hey that was totally cute! You two look great! She really seems like she is having a good time and payinng attention to what she is doing!
Exciting when a rider and their mount are growing and learning!
hp