The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eventers, Show me your area! :-)

6K views 35 replies 16 participants last post by  QHDragon 
#1 ·
I just got into Eventing last summer, and I just learned then about areas...I am in Area VIII, and here are some jumps (first 2 are from a Very Green course and the others are Intro level) from my area! :D

And that last one's the best...they threw a tire jump into the Intro course at this Mini Trial!! lol I, of course, jumped ahead and we refused and I went right up over her head! :lol:

See less See more
#3 ·
#6 ·
An area is just a specific part of the country, as governed by the USEA. It splits things up in the way that USEF 'zones' do for the sake of points, area committees, etc.
I live in Area 1 (alas, no pictures from here), was a working student in Area 2, and am moving to Area 3 next month to be a working student for a different rider.
Here are some Area 2 pics - this is Loudoun Hunt Pony Club Horse Trials (say that five times fast) at Morven Park, BN:

From MCTA at Shawan Downs, Novice:

(awful leg. Ew.)

#10 ·
No personal pics... but here to represent Area IV! We are Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, and Wisconsin! USEA Area IV

I'm from Kansas and have evented in this area my whole life.... but I will only be a part of Area IV until August. Next, I'm moving onto Area VIII because I'm moving to Kentucky to go to college! I'll be 15 mins from KY Horse park and I'm so excited!

#15 ·
Yes, it's part of this mini trial series...

Northeast Ohio Mini Trial Series

My friends Hilary and Katherine and I will be in them -- Katherine at the Novice level, not sure which Hilary will be doing yet (BN or N probably), and I'll be at the Very Green level :) Maybe we'll see you there! I'm normally 1 of maybe 2 buckskins that always show up, and mine's a pony with a bald face so we're normally easy to spot! ;-)

#27 ·
At this point i am willing to travel. Where at in Southern Ohio? It looks like that or northern ohio are it!
Columbus has a great hunter/jumper series all summer, but not so many mini-trials, etc. I think some of the private barns host some, but there is no master schedule or anything.

#31 ·
but with all this snow i feel like i might never ride again. The place i board doesn't have an indoor, and I was supposed to move to a new barn this weekend with an indoor but got snowed out! Ack!
You're tellin me! I live on the edge of the frickin SNOW BELT lol :lol: I wasn't going ANYWHERE Sat morning haha!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.