The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Show Clothing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/)
-   -   colors for a show outfit? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/colors-show-outfit-46267/)

PaintLegacey RR 01-27-2010 12:02 PM

colors for a show outfit?

im looking for a showmanship outfit and riding outfit. i have tan leather chaps already so i have that covered but i really dont know what colors would look good on my girl because this is the first year im showing her. if anyone has any suggestions to colors that would look good or sites that make good outfits PLEASE let me know. i've been striking out on almost every website haha

heres a picture of my girl for her coloring.

(yes i know my hand are way up in the air and thats because i was corresting her so lets focus on just her coloring. k thanks.)
http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/p...Picture030.jpg

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/p...cture007-1.jpg

horsea 01-27-2010 12:17 PM

Hobby Horse Clothing Co. - Horse Show Apparel, Attire, Accessories has a lot of good ideas and good prices. They also have a color-matcher thing :)

(go to "dress for sucess" at the bottom above their adress then you can see what they have for color combinations and what to wear)

PaintLegacey RR 01-27-2010 01:26 PM

i've already looked at their color wheel but they dont show paints or the shade of brown she is.

kslive4myhorse 01-27-2010 01:38 PM

I think turquoise would look great with your horse:) I did showmanship with my palomino paint in a turquoise (w/ rhinestones) with a black stretchy shirt (can't think of the name) and black pants. I thought it really popped in the ring against my horse's lighter coloring:) Ive also used a black (w/ rhinestones) jacket and hot pink shirt underneath and that looked pretty good too:)

I used make my own outfits when I showed western (they weren't huge shows so I could get away with it). I usually got a blazer from a women's store and then found string of rhinestones (at the fabric store) and my grandma soed them on the lapel and cuffs. For the shirt I would buy a hobby horse cheap slinky (ahh thats the word) and glue rhinestones to the neck part.

It worked pretty well and I got a lot of compliments, but again they weren't huge shows or anything:)
Anyway, good luck at your shows!! Maybe Ill post some pics tonight of the outfits

PaintLegacey RR 01-27-2010 03:38 PM

wow thats awesome that you made your own, but im not that talented haha so im still going to have to order one. but what does everyone think of this shirt? its very pretty, flashy but not blinding, and i think the colors would go good. tell me what you think.
http://www.custom-western-wear.com/i...pphplNcdPs.jpg

horsea 01-27-2010 07:07 PM

(Sorry that diddn't help. It helped me get started (: )

That shirt is awesome! I like that it is not "OMG THERE YOU ARE!!!" but you still elegantly stand out. I think that color scheme would look awesome with your horse as well! Good luck :)

southerncowgirl93 01-27-2010 07:39 PM

I like it. It's pretty, but not screaming, "look at me!"

PaintsPwn 01-27-2010 08:56 PM

Quote:

(yes i know my hand are way up in the air and thats because i was corresting her so lets focus on just her coloring. k thanks.)
BADRIDING. BADBAD. SHAME... Just kidding. Love it when people are like "your horses head is too low, your hands are too high" etc... And they don't even show stock horses... It's not like I'm telling them how to train their hunter/jumper, y'know?

Hmm.. Purple, Royal Blue, Navy Blue, Hunter Green, Kelly Green. You can do almost any jewel tones with her. I'd steer clear of red. Washes my paint out, and they're pretty much the same color and similarly marked. That shirt you posted is pretty, but it reminds me of Aladdin XDD

If you're going to spend money, I am a total believer of Final Cut Show Clothing. I bought her demo 'Duchess Jacket' and while it was gorgeous in the photo, it was JAW DROPPING in person. She does do payment plans, and they are quality!

How is joor mare bred? She looks A LOT like Cowboy! 8D

PaintLegacey RR 01-28-2010 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaintsPwn (Post 535256)
BADRIDING. BADBAD. SHAME... Just kidding. Love it when people are like "your horses head is too low, your hands are too high" etc... And they don't even show stock horses... It's not like I'm telling them how to train their hunter/jumper, y'know?

haha i know it! plus its not like im on her mouth constantly just a few times here and there as a reminder and thats when my mom always takes the picture lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaintsPwn (Post 535256)
How is joor mare bred? She looks A LOT like Cowboy! 8D

her show name is RR Imprimis Milly Dee. shes triple registered with paint, pinto, and half quater horse.

thanks everyone for the help!:-)