The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   What are your biggest pet peeves? (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/what-your-biggest-pet-peeves-46282/)

EventersBabe 01-27-2010 04:17 PM

What are your biggest pet peeves?

Non horsey!!

Here are mine

Girls on forums who dont know you and try to act better then you and make you feel bad.
Girls who think there mature but really aren't
Kids who are under age of dating and think they are in love
girls who cling up to guys
Adults who are rude and act like teenagers

umm here are a few horsey ones
Girls at shows who only want to win and if they dont get mad at there horse
Girl who think there good but reallly arent
riders that are soo stuck and snobby and show off there high dollar pony/horses and show clothes

ridingismylife2 01-27-2010 04:42 PM

Riders that critique others but can't handle being critiqued.
There's a particular person on YouTube that keeps critiquing really good riders in a really rude way and when ever they say something back, she get's super pissed off.

TaMMa89 01-27-2010 05:14 PM

Well, I'm a real virago behind a wheel sometimes.

If I'm a bit late and hurried I'm ready to swear everyone who drives in front of me slower than the speed limit allows you to drive.

If I'm not hurried (and in general anyway) I'm vexed if I'm driving the highest allowed speed and then someone tailgates me. Like this one car few weeks ago. I drove around 60 km/h and the road was pretty icy - and then this car behind me left perhaps 3m between us two. It didn't try to pass me or anything, it just tailgated me. I'm not going to drive overspeed because of these cars anyway so they will won nothing with that, execpt perhaps a liability to pay the damages of my (daddy's) car if I have to brake suddenly.

(In general, I have milder attitude towards driving slower than speeding even I have to admit I often exceed the speed limit a bit too. Not badly, I guess around 3-5 kmph but it's still speeding and I'm not proud of it :oops:.)

Then some other of my pet peeves are
Rudeness and people who can't consider other people
Bureaucracy
Feeling of insecurity
And other things like that. Actually when I started to think I noticed there aren't a lot of things that really peeve me.

jiblethead 01-27-2010 05:19 PM

Non-horse: People who are mean to me for things I can't help. Girls who are fake. People who hug me. Shaking hands. People who are talking mean about you and you hear them. People laighing at you and you don't know why.
Horse: Horse people who think they know it all. People on forums that tell you how to live your life (not this one). People who spur/whip their horses. ANY form of horse abuse.
Sorry for the novel ;)

ladybugsgirl 01-27-2010 06:00 PM

I agree with the critique thing. If you can't stand getting critiqued then don't critique others.
Here are some of mine:
-I hate seeing horse people who get everything they want, and have tons of nice stuff cuz mommy and daddy give them whatever they want, and it makes me feel like crap cuz I have to work extremely hard for everything. There are four of these types of people at my barn.
- Slow drivers, people that cut you off.
- People rubbing in your mistakes when they are not the ones that are perfect and they have problems as well.
- Young young girls that act like they are better than everyone else and act wayyyy to grown up.
- In the horse world I dislike that just cuz someone can't own a certain thing or certain horse that they get dissed for it

Ray MacDonald 01-27-2010 06:21 PM

ahahaha I dont think I would mind little rich girls who get everything (Maybe cuz I dont know any) But I would mind if they flaunted it.

The only things that really gets me crazy is non-horsey people saying riding is easy when they've never ridden a horse in their life!

And any form of animal abuse. Im okay with people having whips as long as they don't use them. (I don't really like spurs for some reason)

AND The worst is horse slaughter!! Im totally against it!

FGRanch 01-27-2010 06:31 PM

People who are not willing to listen to the opinion of others, even if you choose to do nothing else with it other an listen.

People who ask for advice and then don't even try what you have suggested.

Teenagers who think they know better than the world.

Self centered people, be kind to the world and it will be kind back.

CrazyChester 01-27-2010 09:37 PM

People in general :)

People that complain about how much there life sucks, how much they want to run away from home, about how much they don't get, how much there parents are mean to them when really they have a better life then the one they are complaining to.

Horsey people that expect everything! I must admit, I did ask for an pricey saddle. No way in the world would I expect my parents to fork out heaps for a horse though.

Ungrateful people. :)

There is heaps more, but I shall leave it at that.

eventerdrew 01-27-2010 10:04 PM

Backstabbers

horses > people. period.

horses4life43 01-27-2010 10:46 PM

- When you think someone is your best friend and they ditch you
- people who judge you because of mistakes you made even when they don't know you.
- Teenage girls who have to be toothpick thin just to be happy ( I think people are perfect the way they are)
- Spoiled girls who think they have the best horse because he cost so much.

Just to name a few :)