The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   Finally sucess!!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/finally-sucess-46398/)

HorsesAreForever 01-28-2010 07:50 PM

Finally sucess!!!!

We finally made it over out little bumb of naughtyness!

Today she did walk to canter transitions!
LOTS of trotting work and circles/bending
Jumped 1'6 cross rail and even land in a canter multiple times! AND I GOT MY POSITION RIGHT!! I could tell because I felt like I was with chance and not working against her.

She finally got OFF her forehand again after doing lots of transitions. Which means the saddle stayed where I wanted it :D YAYY lol

Happy day :D

Afterwards I warmed up the linimint [spoiled pony :P] And rubbed her back and legs all over with that. Groomed her for a good hour and a half. She was so sweaty poor baby lol but she was quite a happy horse. Grained her once she was nice and cool.

Im telling you im so happy I went my own way.

After the ride she was following me around like a little puppy dog :P

MyBoyPuck 01-28-2010 09:07 PM

That's good to hear. Good job hanging in there with her. Now you can go back to just enjoying her.

Scoutrider 01-28-2010 09:11 PM

Excellent to hear that things are getting back to normal, if not a little better!:D I love those rides where everything seems to click together, and my horse and I are really together and reading off of the same page.

Great job, both of you, and here's looking for more great rides! :wink:

tealamutt 01-29-2010 11:16 AM

awesome HAF! My TB and I go through phases too, times where it seems like you're moving backward and can't figure out what went wrong and how to fix it. Then BAM one day things start clicking again.

I bet you have a grin a mile long, and Chance probably does too. It sounds like you pampered the heck out of her afterward and I'm sure that your next ride will be great too (if I got a nice long massage after work, I bet I'd be more excited for my shift the next day too :P).

We had a day like that yesterday too- so good I decided to canter him bareback (picturing you and Chance and how you stick to her like glue) and it went great. Can't wipe the smile off my face today! My pasturemate had a terrific day too- must be something in the air, let's hope it sticks around.

HorsesAreForever 01-29-2010 12:01 PM

Thanks everyone!! :D I was so thrilled with how well Chance was going that day. It was hard to keep myself from riding her for another 2 hours! LOL! Those type of days deff will keep me working through any other little bumps! Along with your guys support! Don't get it from my mom cause she just wants me to sell her. NOPE not happening :P

Tealamutt- Congrats on cantering bareback!!! :D Yeah I felt like she needed some love and she deff seemed to enjoy the pampering. Even when I was brushing the heck out of her fur back and forth to dry out the sweat she just stood there everyonce in a while would put her head on my back :P Today is just gonna be a pamper day :)

Lol I hope it does 2!