The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   need to cry. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/need-cry-46399/)

Beau Baby 01-28-2010 08:02 PM

need to cry.

hey guys i didn't know where else to put this so i'm putting it here. I ride at an awesome stable that I love so much. 3 monthes ago I was switched to the most amazing, awesome, challenging horse i've ridden. she's a 5 year old dutch warmblood/thoroughbred. we've been working together for 3 months and i've fallen in love. my instructor has all her horses for sale because that's how she makes money. sadly Missy is for sale.

someone came to look at her yesterday and he's decided to buy her. she's $5500. they're getting the vet check done in the next few days.

when my mom told me i hid the tears from her but posting this i am letting them fall. I have fallen in love with this mare and I wanted to buy her or at least lease her so bad. The only reason I couldn't is because I couldn't afford it. Me and her have an amazing connection and our jumping is finally excelling because i'm releasing when we jump. its not fair because I love her but can't afford her and now I'll never see her again! I jsut needed to let this out.

lacyloo 01-28-2010 08:08 PM

So sorry. I hate being let down like that.

Beau Baby 01-28-2010 08:11 PM

it sucks because we had such a connection and the only time i've ever had this good of a connection was with my other mare who passed away last year at 30

MIEventer 01-28-2010 08:22 PM

I am so sorry, I know it is very hard to let go when you have made a bond and a connection.

I know it is very difficult, but take what she gave you and taught you, so that you can use the gifts she gave you, for the next horse that you are destined to be with.

Beau Baby 01-28-2010 08:33 PM

Thanks guys. I guess I should have seen it coming. All her horses are for sale so they'll all be sold eventually. I just hope she puts me on another challenging youngster instead of the boring school horses.

dressagebelle 01-29-2010 12:33 AM

I am sorry that the horse is being sold. Hopefully she's going to a good home. But at least you got some good experiences while riding her. And I'm a lot like you. I don't want to be put on the already made push button type horses, I want the challenging gonna give me a fight, type horses, as thats how I learn the best. I know so many people who just want the already made horses, and think I'm crazy for wanting something with an attitude, that is gonna make me work for whatever I want.

Speed Racer 01-29-2010 10:18 AM

Unfortunately, when we become attached to horses that don't belong to us, we're eventually going to get our hearts broken when they're sold or their owner takes them away.

It's okay to feel sad about it, but don't let it discourage you from riding.

When you're older and have your own job and money, you'll be able to afford a horse of your own. Then you won't have to share, or worry about them being sold on to someone else.

JumpingTheMoon 01-29-2010 02:39 PM

Can't add to the great things already said just wanted to send hugs.

Kashmere 01-29-2010 02:41 PM

Agreed to Jumpingthemoon.

Just keep your chin up, she's going to a good home I'm sure ! :)
There eventually will be a horse that steals your heart away just the same, believe it or not!

I wish you tons of strength <3

luvmyperch 01-29-2010 02:52 PM

I'm so sorry, that is truly heartbreaking! But, there are tons of horses out there that would love to have you as a buddy and I'm sure the next horse that comes into your life will be just as wonderful. Hang in there and start daydreaming about your next partner!