The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Scooping Poop!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/scooping-poop-4650/)

meggymoo 12-08-2007 05:13 PM

Scooping Poop!!!

Hi Everyone,

I was reading "Horse & Rider" (UK Version) earlier today, and to put it bluntly I was stunned. There was an article in there about various dog owners that had written to a local paper regarding, why do they have to scoop poop when horse riders dont.
It said that the Dog owners had said that Horse riders were too snooty to pick poop!!! :shock: They obviously dont know many horse enthusiasts!
As the article said, "Are we to start carrying a bucket and scoop around?" And then the argument progressed to horse poo is just grass, hay, all biodegradable, and without the odour of dog poop........

Could any of you picture yourselves with a horse size pooper scooper??? :roll:

BluMagic 12-08-2007 05:23 PM

Wow that's weird.....! Haha, a horse size pooper scooper. I couldn use that for my dogs! lol.

PoptartShop 12-09-2007 06:36 PM

Wow, they must not know anything.
Of course we clean up after our horses! Duhh!
& that would be one big scooper, LOL!

barnrat 12-09-2007 07:32 PM

wouldn't it be fun to ride down the trail, reins in one hand....huge pooper scooper in other....THEN..have your horse freak out and have problems increase with the scooper hitting your horses flank......oh yeah!

Vidaloco 12-09-2007 07:47 PM

I would rather step in horse poop than dog poop anyday. There is a difference in the effect on the environment, horse poop is a fertilizer and dog poop will kill the grass. I was at a campground that had a seperate area for horse campers but it was full so we had to park with "regular" campers. My horse just happened to relieve herself while walking through the camp on the road. A fellow turned and gave me the nasty evil eye but there were people walking dogs all over and not picking up after them. I mentioned it to the park ranger, wondering if I should have done something. He said that he didn't understand why some people get upset at the horse manure since it is just grass and basicly breaks down to dirt and not to worry about it. I do worry about it thoough because I'm afraid that "those people" will try to close the parks to equestrian use. I'm not sure if there is an answer as to what we as horse people can do about it. We always clean our manure up from any camp we stay at. Sorry this is long but it is a worry of mine. :?

barnrat 12-09-2007 07:57 PM

yeah, very good suggestion. I use to ride in an arena that acted like a green house so we ALWAYS had to get ALL the poop up RIGHT away.

Stepher 12-10-2007 10:45 AM

I think the reason that people complain about horse crap is because its big... so its easier spotted. I used to run along a trail behind my highschool where people would walk their dogs, and there was a farm nearby and htey would ride their horses along it as well. You could always spot the horse piles, but you had to actually look for the dog poop.

Vidaloco 12-10-2007 11:18 AM

I think dog poo is a little slicker too so easier to slip in, so it does pose more of a safety hazard on a running trail. :wink: :lol:

Edit: If you slipped in the dog poo and fell in the horse poo you would have a softer landing.

barnrat 12-10-2007 06:33 PM

lol, we should right a petition and give it to horse and rider....

We can qoute this on the top..

"if you slip in dog poop and fell in horse poop you would have a softer landing."

lol

superscooper 06-11-2009 09:48 PM

Super Scooper Horse Manure Removal System - As seen on The New Inventors!

Anyone who has spent time cleaning up horse manure with a shovel and wheelbarrow knows how an easy afternoon can soon turn into a back breaking day out in the summer heat.

The Super Scooper Horse removal System will save you time that could be spent with the children, doing other work around the house, relaxing or even riding the horse.

At a reasonable price, the Super Scooper can be a great investment for you and your horses. By keeping the paddocks clean and manageable, you will save both time and money!

Visit Horse Manure Scooper | Super Scooper - Welcome for more information about how you can get your hands on a Super Scooper!