The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Tack and Equipment Classifieds (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/)
-   -   WTB: Eventing vest (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/wtb-eventing-vest-46528/)

Dressageluver4 01-30-2010 02:32 PM

WTB: Eventing vest

Looking for an Tipperary Event Vest Size M Reg.

I dont care about color.

Willing to trade my L Cashel event vest for a Tipperary.

eventerdrew 01-30-2010 05:48 PM

I don't have one, but I was just wondering if there was any particular reason you wanted a Tipperary? They are not ASTM Certified/Approved and will probably be banned pretty soon in recognized competition. I have one and love it, but I know it's not the safest. I would recommend a Charles Owen, Intec Flex Rider, or a Rodney Powell.

JMHO

MIEventer 01-30-2010 06:00 PM

I agree with Drew - I wouldn't invest in a Tipperary at all personally. Many Top Level Eventers are getting rid of theirs and investing in the Rodney Powell.

I have an Intec Flex Rider, that is ASTM Certfied and Approved.

Tipperary's are not nor will be because of how the panels in the vest are designed.

Dressageluver4 01-30-2010 09:30 PM

Thanks For the input. Iam not planeing on eventing right now its just for schooling. I know they are not Certfied, I thought I could get one for cheap and get a Certfied one when I start evening.

MIEventer 01-30-2010 11:26 PM

No Tipperary is cheap. I would just put your money towards one that is certified now, and then you wont have to spend the money down the road when you want one.

I do not trust Tipperary's regardless if you are schooling or not - a crash is a crash regardless, and a rotational fall is a rotational fall regardless - doesn't matter if you are playing around over a CC fence or compeating.

These vests are made for 1 reason, to protect us to the best of their ability while we do this dangerous sport.

You wouldn't ride without an ASTM approved helmet, so why would you ride around with a vest that is not ASTM approved?

Dressageluver4 01-31-2010 12:08 AM

The more I think about it,the more I want a Approved vest and I have been searching the web most of the night for one I like.

I like the harry hall ones that are pink but I can only find them in the UK.