The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   Help With QH Bloodlines (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/help-qh-bloodlines-46834/)

Macslady 02-02-2010 08:37 PM

Help With QH Bloodlines

I am looking at a couple different quarterhorses, both geldings. One is young, under 3 and one is 9. I am hoping you all can help me with bloodlines to figure which one would work best for a trail horse. Temperament in the bloodlines are what is most important. Hopefully someone on here can help me out.

Sire and dam for the younger horse:
Forever Gold and A Wimpy Impressive (Forever Gold does not show up on allbreedpedigree.com, but is in the QH registry, I will transfer it up shortly)

Sire and dam for the 9 year old:
Patches Poco Joe and Sheza Cut Rate (Both these are on allbreedpedigree.com)

The 9 year old is greenbroke, so I count the two of them as pretty close in knowledge of groundwork. The 9 year old is 16HH and and food aggressive so take that into consideration too.

They are both the same price.

Thanks in advance as any help will be appreciated.

SorrelHorse 02-08-2010 03:55 PM

I would go with the nine year old. 1) The bloodlines are nice and 2) Being older he will have more experience of where his feet are and such. 3) If the horse is younger than three he could be a little too spooky. More experience is normally good.

Food aggression is just something that happens with horses. The easy thing to do is spread the food piles out a little bit more. Easy fix :)

Macslady 02-09-2010 07:27 PM

Thanks, yeah, we bought the 9 year old. If you look in the horse pictures he is the first in Pictures of My Horse Family or something like that which I posted, I can't remember. When I really started tracing the bloodlines this boy had a lot more user friendly bloodlines and no HYPP N/N to deal with. He has a wonderful personality and had a lot more riding time than we previously thought.

I really want to do a bit of western pleasure so I am hoping he will work. If not he'll just be my trail horse.