The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   How many times have you been bucked off? (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/how-many-times-have-you-been-46938/)

SydLovesJackers 02-03-2010 09:45 PM

How many times have you been bucked off?

So i was wondering how many times have you been bucked off?

charlicata 02-03-2010 09:55 PM

I lost count about 15 years ago...lol

Scoutrider 02-03-2010 09:59 PM

I've fallen off 5 times in my riding career, but only one of those times was because of a buck. It was my first ride on Scout, and I insisted on riding in my English saddle. Yeah, idiot move, riding a new horse of unknown training level in the least secure saddle I own. He'd apparently never cantered with a girth tightened before. He got a little excited in the trot and goosed up into a canter, and the girth caught him and he threw a little buck that I wasn't expecting, and I ate arena dirt.

Attitude05 02-03-2010 10:01 PM

once... so far :D

SydLovesJackers 02-03-2010 10:23 PM

lucky people! xD i have been bucked off at least 5 times, just jack. lol

Mare in foal 02-03-2010 10:25 PM

lol bucked? im not sure... but in the 12 years I've been riding, I must have fallen off around 40 times lol!!

roro 02-04-2010 02:19 AM

Twice, on two different horses (a year or so apart). Both during expensive clinics with a professional audience. Great timing I have, eh? For my credit, they were both spook bucks and took me by surprise to say the least.

smrobs 02-04-2010 03:12 AM

I have only been actually bucked off maybe 3 or 4 times in 25 years. However, I have fallen countless times due to spooks or me just having my head up my butt.

lacyloo 02-04-2010 04:11 AM

Iv ate dirt a few times over my 6 years of riding, Nothing serious (knock on wood)... .Yeah I havent been riding as long as many of you but HEY you gotta start somewhere.

Before I started having issues with my back, I could handle just about every buck but the off gaurd spooks got me a few times. I also tried out my friends english saddle...

Me+english saddle+ spooked horse = Hanging off the side of the horse with my foot stuck. Not fun, Dont worry my head and shoulder broke the fall LOL

ChingazMyBoy 02-04-2010 05:37 AM

Oh god, Chinga use to be terrible! Every ride we'd have a buck, or four! Although suprizingly he's only got me off twice and Corby's gotten me off once, although hers was a full rear, buck, wee. Type thing ... mares.