The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   First endurance ride of the season this weekend!!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/first-endurance-ride-season-weekend-470/)

crackrider 01-25-2007 04:36 AM

First endurance ride of the season this weekend!!!!

Hi everyone!
This weekend is the first endurance ride for the 2007 season!! YAY!!! :D It's at Red Range, NSW. It's near Glenn Innes. I'm going to it along with my team trainer and a junior rider. I don't have a horse to ride there yet but I'm going to see if anyone has a spare horse for me to ride.
The ride has a 40km ride and an 80km ride. If i get a ride i'll be doing the 80km ride.
If i get a ride and get through it then i will be an open rider!! :D

I'll let everyone know how it goes!! :wink:

sparky 01-25-2007 04:41 AM

oh wow. I reckon endurance riding would be a BLAST!!! Good luck with it all, let us know how you go.

crackrider 01-29-2007 04:06 AM

Hi!! I'm back from Red Range!!! It was sooo much fun!
Unfortunatly i didn't get to ride but i had fun strapping and meeting heaps of people. Another girl i went with got 4th in the junior division which is really good since she was on a novice horse (it was the horses 1st 80km ride). She rode a beautiful 5yo grey gelding. The owner of the horse also rode but was 2km from finishing and his horse went lame!!! SO close!!! :(

showpony@heart 01-29-2007 06:01 AM

Sounds like heaps of fun, i'd never be able to do 40k's let alone 80! lol!

Razeal 01-29-2007 11:58 AM

Hey that sounds awesome! Ive only ever done one 25km endurance and totally loved it - even though I had to eliminate myself in the last 8 k's when my bridle cheek piece snapped jumping a creek..dam! Full story being that I left my bridle at home and borrowed an old bridle off another competitor, got left behind at the jump after a bit of hesitation from my mare and 'twang' all over! :roll:
I wish it were a bigger sport in NZ, its starting to take off here.

All the best in finding a mount and hopefully achieving your open rider goal :D

crackrider 01-29-2007 10:25 PM

You should come over here and ride if you have the chance, Razeal. There are heaps of people that would let you ride their horses. I think a couple of the girls at my endurance stables are from New Zealand too! :D

Razeal 01-31-2007 10:40 AM

oneday maybe

I have done a bit of riding in Aussie, mainly in WA but more towards the racing scene not endurance, also owned an arab over there. One thing I couldnt handle was the heat! Even at dusk or dawn...it was so hot LOL! I thought it was because I was out toward the stix but then after staying in Queensland for a while its just hot everywhere! Especially at this time of the year. But in the cooler months I loved riding over there. :D

Our boyjack 01-31-2007 11:49 PM

How did you Go!!!!! Love to know how you went and better still any pics ???

crackrider 02-01-2007 05:33 AM

Yeah it is HOT!! That's why the endurance season is busiest in autumn and winter when it's cooler!!

I don't have any pics yet but i might be able to get hold of some in the next few weeks.

Mathew 02-05-2007 04:56 AM

where is it at and how many kilometres