The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   any of you guys have a guess on her color? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/any-you-guys-have-guess-her-47027/)

lilkitty90 02-04-2010 10:58 PM

any of you guys have a guess on her color?

10 Attachment(s)
i am truely mystified at her color! just out of curiousity i'd like to know what color she is. not she what her dad looked liked and didn't really get a close look at her mom. but she was a brown horse. not sure if she was a sorrel, chestnut, or bay. she could have been either of the three.

here are some random pictures of her. in the 3rd and 4th picture you can see her dapples kind of. and in the 5th picture you can distinctivly see her blaze on her right side.

more comming in the next post!!

lilkitty90 02-04-2010 11:11 PM

10 Attachment(s)
when she is actually clean you can see her high stockings on her back legs in pictures 1 2 3 5 & 6

picture 9 is a better picture of her blaze and splotching on her mouth along with the splotching on her udders. and the hoof picture is the only hoof where she has a vertical stripe.

lilkitty90 02-04-2010 11:18 PM

7 Attachment(s)
ok and these are soem picture i darkened up so you can really see her color stand out. let me know if any of the previous picture if you want them darkened up so you can get a good look there as well.

sorry for the picture overload!! but it's hard to show you her color with just a handful of pictures. i actually have a video that covers it the best. but i'll have to figure out how to get it on here.

charlicata 02-04-2010 11:18 PM

I'm not going to venture on her color...but she is beautiful! I love her markings.

lilkitty90 02-04-2010 11:47 PM

thank you! yeah me neither lol i'm not good with colors unless they are just basic. but then when you bring in all the appy genetics and pinto markings such as sabino and such. i get so confused. i figured i'd leave it to the people who are way better at it then me.

lilkitty90 02-05-2010 09:50 AM

alright here is the video. youtube of course lowered the quality some. but you can still make out her dabbles and the weird splash on her sides.

smrobs 02-05-2010 04:36 PM

I would probably guess a palomino or maybe pearlino, possibly with some sabino or some other kind of pinto coloring. The only way to know for sure is to have her genetically tested.

masatisan 02-05-2010 04:52 PM

Definitely looks like cream or palomino sabino to me.

lilkitty90 02-05-2010 06:08 PM

ooh smrobs would the vet be the person to do that? and how much does it normally cost?

Appyt 02-05-2010 06:27 PM

I agree with Sabino, thus the roaning and jagged edged high white on the legs And the bald face. Base color is trickier. Pali, Champange(sp), something like that. Are her eyes amber?