The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Craziest things you have done with horses? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/craziest-things-you-have-done-horses-47104/)

paintluver 02-06-2010 12:02 AM

Craziest things you have done with horses?

Post some of the crazy/weird/funny things you have done/do/did with horses!
This is all I can think right now that I have done.
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...g/101_2716.jpg

Kashmere 02-06-2010 12:33 AM

I had to stand on a horse too eventually ^_^
It was fun!

thunderhooves 02-06-2010 01:36 AM

hmmm...saddle up in the middle of the yard with just a halter with a leadrope not tied to anything with a mare that didnt like to stand still....worked out fine though. I'm sure theres more, but i'm to tired now,lol.

MIEventer 02-06-2010 11:40 AM

When I was much younger, growing up on 40 acres of land, I never had my own horse.

There was an APHA breeder in my area, who bred beautiful paints out of his award winning stud named Mr. Willy Nelson. All his Mares and younglin's would be in this HUGE massive pasture by our house all Spring, Summer and Fall - and I would quite frequently be over there giving the lucky one's apples and carrots *lucky meaning I didn't have 50 apples to share, only a few*

Here's the "crazy" part.......

I started to ride the "bigger" one's without stopping and thinking "Is this horse broke?" "Is this horse safe?" etc, etc.

I made makeshift halter/bridles out of clothes wire *the blue plastic stuff* and would walk up to a horse, put it on and hopped on and rode for hours.

I certainly had a guardian angle hanging around, because A) I was very young B) Hopping on strange horses with know knowledge or thought to their training

I trail rode for hours in that huge massive pasture - I'm lucky I didn't get hurt, or shot off by the owner..or caught for that matter.

I was 9? Somewhere around there....

Jessabel 02-06-2010 11:54 AM

I walked under my Norman's belly once. I'm such a rebel. :wink:

My mom was doing his bridle path one day and for some goofy reason, she only had him on one cross tie. He was standing diagonally and his big tooshy was plugging up the whole isle. I had my hands full with Vic's tack and I needed to get to the other side where Vic was cross tied. So I put the saddle on Normy's back and snuck under his belly. Norman probably didn't even notice. lol

ridergirl23 02-06-2010 12:03 PM

I know someone that has had their horse light on fire :0 haha but it was all ok, the hrose wasnt even freaked out.
haha i havent done that, my horse would hold a grudge if i let her light on fire!
i tryed standing on her back, but i think the craziest one was the day that i bought her (i hadnt ever ridden her) i got on bareback and bridless. haha ive olled off my horse (like a summersault down the saddle) haha my poor horse, i tortue her with love and my weirdness everyday

heyycutter 02-06-2010 01:02 PM

just small stuff like riding my horse with just a halter on lol
im not too adventurous

BFFofHorses 02-06-2010 02:21 PM

I rode both my mares like an indian! You just grab some mane, slip right, further andfurther, until you can't be seen. like the Plains Indians durng war. I can do it at a full gallop! Yeah, I'm stupid:)

Kashmere 02-06-2010 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIEventer (Post 544096)
When I was much younger, growing up on 40 acres of land, I never had my own horse.

There was an APHA breeder in my area, who bred beautiful paints out of his award winning stud named Mr. Willy Nelson. All his Mares and younglin's would be in this HUGE massive pasture by our house all Spring, Summer and Fall - and I would quite frequently be over there giving the lucky one's apples and carrots *lucky meaning I didn't have 50 apples to share, only a few*

Here's the "crazy" part.......

I started to ride the "bigger" one's without stopping and thinking "Is this horse broke?" "Is this horse safe?" etc, etc.

I made makeshift halter/bridles out of clothes wire *the blue plastic stuff* and would walk up to a horse, put it on and hopped on and rode for hours.

I certainly had a guardian angle hanging around, because A) I was very young B) Hopping on strange horses with know knowledge or thought to their training

I trail rode for hours in that huge massive pasture - I'm lucky I didn't get hurt, or shot off by the owner..or caught for that matter.

I was 9? Somewhere around there....

Oh WOAW :shock:
You indeed MUST be very lucky!!
That could indeed go bad so easily..

Kashmere 02-06-2010 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyycutter (Post 544159)
just small stuff like riding my horse with just a halter on lol
im not too adventurous

Me with just the head set :P
(I just dont know the name.. but it has the bit and everything)

I guess I'm not that adventurous either hehe :lol: