The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   A Mowhawk for Copper? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/mowhawk-copper-47108/)

trIplEcrOwngIrl 02-06-2010 01:21 AM

A Mowhawk for Copper?

4 Attachment(s)
Hi:D So what do you guys think about giving my gelding a mohawk?? Do I need clippers or will siscors work? If I do give him one, what about his tail? Is it better to wait untill warmer weather or will the winter work? How long will it take to grow out? What length should I cut it to? Forelock too or just the mane? Umm, I think that's all.

thanks,
tcg

oh and sorry about the bad pics, he loves me too much(is that possible??), he thinks every time he sees me he has to run up and give me horsie kisses rather taht stant back and let me take his picture! :lol:

Honeysuga 02-06-2010 01:27 AM

I say mohawk him but leave his tail alone. You can do it with just scissors if you want, they need to be rather sharp though or they can bog down pretty easily...

AztecBaby 02-06-2010 01:32 AM

You will probably have the most luck with clippers and I wouldn't do anything to his tail.

Also me being the colour freak I am I have to say I don't think he is palomino(looked at your sig) I'm pretty certain he is flaxen chestnut. sorry if I'm wrong xD

trIplEcrOwngIrl 02-06-2010 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AztecBaby (Post 543847)
Also me being the colour freak I am I have to say I don't think he is palomino(looked at your sig) I'm pretty certain he is flaxen chestnut. sorry if I'm wrong xD

really? oh. okay. I just figured he was cuz in the summer he's really golden with some with specks and a flaxen mane/tail. Flaxen chestnuts cool though, sounds better than just plain chestnut :D

rocky pony 02-06-2010 03:21 AM

(after many awwwwws at him) What a cute little guy!
I think a mohawk would be adorable on him =D
You could do it with scissors but clippers would be a lot better..and I think it should be fine to do it in the winter,
I'd definitely leave his tail alone though
(also I agree about the colour too)

trIplEcrOwngIrl 02-21-2010 07:00 PM

okay, I don't have clippers but I want to give him one. Are sicsors gonna be okay?

englishrider 02-21-2010 07:01 PM

Well I love his mane but if you want a mowhawk I want pics lol!

Honeysuga 02-21-2010 07:58 PM

Yes. Scissors will work just fine.

trIplEcrOwngIrl 02-21-2010 11:37 PM

okay. I'm scared but I think I am gonna go with it. It's just hair, it'll grow back. And I'll take a couple pairs of sicsors so I can get it right

englishrider 02-22-2010 01:24 AM

Show me pics when your done!