The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Anyone With a Digital Camema They Reccomend??? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/anyone-digital-camema-they-reccomend-47267/)

jesredneck98 02-07-2010 02:45 PM

Anyone With a Digital Camema They Reccomend???

I recently broke my ditigtal camera and so that leaves me looking for a new one. I just want a point and shot that I can carry in my pocket I don't want to spend any more than $400. A year ago when I bought the one that I broke the lady at the store showed me an olympus which was super tough but the price at the time was more than I wanted to pay. So I need a camera that will take great pictures inside and out. Taking pictures inside is what I have struggled with. I also want a good camera that will take good video. I hate to buy a video camera so if I can get a digital camera that has the ability to take good video that would be great. Please let me know what everyone likes and doesn't like. Thank you so much!

justsambam08 02-07-2010 02:49 PM

I have a kodak easyshare.....it takes GREAT videos and AMAZING motion shots. I absolutely love it and its perfect for taking pictures of my gelding. I can't say its the sturdiest thing out there, but I've dropped it a few times and it still works fine.

AQHA13 02-07-2010 02:50 PM

I have a sony cybershot. It's a couple years old, but has 8.1 mp and 4x zoom and works wonderfully. All my pictures on my horse's pages are from that camera if you would like to see examples.

juju 02-07-2010 03:49 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Ohhh! I have one and i LOVE it! My uncle who is reallllly good, suggested it to me! It is a Nikon P80. It is great because you cant take a bad shot! It is really nice too, because it has allowed me to explore micro and macro shooting! I absoutly love it and have nothing to complain about it! I took it to Italy about a week after I bought it and used only the point and shot mode and it worked amazingly. When I went to China, after I had it for about 1/2 a year, I was able to play around and have even more amazing shots...here are some shots that I have taken with the camera.

It was about $350, I think...

Sunny06 02-07-2010 04:32 PM

The Nikon Coolpix S620. Great camera, great picture, easy to use, auto everything. About $200-$350 maybe? And it's tiny - very durable. I dropped it on pavment and it survived! O.O

Jessabel 02-07-2010 05:24 PM

I love my Lumix. :-)
Nikon is a good brand, too.

MIEventer 02-07-2010 05:28 PM

Oh that Nikon takes nice pictures! I am sure mine would too, but I have no idea how to work the blasted thing other than pointing and shooting. I don't know settings and all that whohaw.

I have a Kodak Easyshare - and I LOVE IT! I had one already which my dumbass left at the barn hanging on my horses stall, which ended up getting smooshed by the tractor that they drive through the isle way to clean stalls.

Needless to say, I ended up with another Kodak Easyshare and I couldn't be happier. BUT it isnt a pocket camera.

It takes amazing video's as well, I love that feature!

Honeysuga 02-07-2010 06:16 PM

I have a Fujifilm z30 and love it! I havent gotten any pics of Tom with it yet, all the ones on here are fron my Ericsson...lol, but the Fujifilm is 10mp and tiny! Definitely a pocket camera.

CrazyChester 02-07-2010 06:40 PM

I have a Ricoh R8. It was around the $400-500 mark when I bought it but should be a little less now. It has macro and some other pretty cool settings. The settings are the same of a SLR camera, obviously not as good, but it takes some time to learn what settings to use, and when to use them. It also has a video feature.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2738/...ff09043f09.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2621/...e3531a154f.jpg

My2Geldings 02-07-2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesredneck98 (Post 545232)
I recently broke my ditigtal camera and so that leaves me looking for a new one. I just want a point and shot that I can carry in my pocket I don't want to spend any more than $400. A year ago when I bought the one that I broke the lady at the store showed me an olympus which was super tough but the price at the time was more than I wanted to pay. So I need a camera that will take great pictures inside and out. Taking pictures inside is what I have struggled with. I also want a good camera that will take good video. I hate to buy a video camera so if I can get a digital camera that has the ability to take good video that would be great. Please let me know what everyone likes and doesn't like. Thank you so much!

I really recommend the new digital Sumsung that just came out. I had to replace my little camera for everyday shooting. I don't normally stear away from Canon, but that Samsung is just the neatest machine out on the market right now.
Twice the fun of any camera. Dual LCDs make it easy. ST550 orange - ST series - Cameras | SAMSUNG

I recommend going on youtube to look at the video for it as well. Have fun camera shopping.