The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Horse camp (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/horse-camp-475/)

englishcowgrl 01-25-2007 08:56 AM

Horse camp

hey guys..i don't know if this goes here so tell me i should move it.
okay , so since like forever i've wanted to go to a horse camp with my horse but i never could because i could never find a good one or they were to much money$$. so this year there might be an chance that i can go with my horse to a 4H camp for 4 days ( i think 4 days) but it's not final yet...it will be 3-4 days of camp/lessons and then our first show...i don't know all the details yet but that our first show will be on the 5 day. so i was wondering if all you guys that have gone to horse camp could help me out.
what should i expect?
what should i bring?( besides the basics)
what is it like?
what was it like for you?
so if you guys could tell me of your time at camp it would help so much! thanks

englishcowgrl 01-25-2007 12:01 PM

anyone?

horsecrazy15 01-25-2007 12:20 PM

ive never been to camp but i expect just yea take the basics and food? i imagien and the supplements you would get your horse ready for a show. and is your horse been kept in a stable?
if yes then your'll prob need straw or shavings? hay (for your horses food) buckets(for water im guessin there'll be a water supply) anyways i thought id answer your questions well a few of them lol becasue it doesn't seem like anyone was going to reply :?: hope i helped you :?: also if you do go post some pictures of your time there :D

englishcowgrl 01-25-2007 12:33 PM

i will post pics when i go..it's not intell the summer tho..thanks for the help, it did help :lol: as for everyone elce...REPLY! lol... o yea..in the winter she's is out in the day in at night, and keeped in if the weather is really bad..in the summer she's pretty much out 24/7, but at the camp there will be stalls...

Desert Rat 01-25-2007 06:01 PM

Emily. first let me congradulate you on being a dedicated 4-H member. My daughter was one fro many years till advanced to FFA. I was a group advisor also. She never particapated in horses but showed dogs, goats, and then hogs and lambs. She attended several 4-H camps. They usually assign each club to a cabin. They have many activities they particapate in along with certain duties dealing with houskeeping and mess hall. They have a great time and it's an experience you will treasure forever. My daughter is now 24 but still misses her 4-H days. Hang in their and good luck. Lonnie

englishcowgrl 01-25-2007 07:30 PM

thanks! it really helped alot....it's nice to know what to expect before you go to anything new..especily when there are lots of people...lol..thanks so much lonnie!

kristy 01-25-2007 07:49 PM

Maybe you could contact the camp and they could send you info? I know for clinics they have brochures (sometimes) on what to wear, bring and expect.

englishcowgrl 01-26-2007 04:07 PM

well i'll find out about it when owr horse leader tells us( i know alot since i board keva at her house) i jsut wanned to see if any of you guys went and what you thought

showpony@heart 01-28-2007 11:53 PM

I've been to a couple of horse camps & they were tonnes of fun! But what is 4H :?:

Razeal 01-29-2007 12:02 PM

Iv been on a few too..great fun! :P

Im going on a 3day one over Easter Weekend, 5-7hrs trekking per day, camping in the NZ bush...cant wait! :D