The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   Hanoverians in Virginia - will be euthanized (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/hanoverians-virginia-will-euthanized-47646/)

kitten_Val 02-11-2010 10:52 AM

Hanoverians in Virginia - will be euthanized

Folks, I got it on my local forum. I contacted the person asking for more details, so will post if I'll get any. But that sounds just way too good to be true.If you know someone interested - let me know, please.

---------------------------------------------------------

HORSES LOCATED IN VIRGINIA

Horses FREE to Good Homes - 20 Hanoverians need homes. Of these,three are broodmares, the oldest is 12, all due to foal next month to the TB stallion Salute. Also 6 month old foals, all halter broke, very well taken care
of and in good condition. The owner plans to euthanize any she can't get rid of in the next 30 days....

ShutUpJoe 02-11-2010 10:59 AM

There has to be a catch.........

JumpingTheMoon 02-11-2010 11:23 AM

It is actually true, but I thought it had been resolved last week, and that she was keeping them.

jiblethead 02-11-2010 11:38 AM

I wish I was closer. Is this really true? It sound unbelievable, but then again there are a bunch of nutters out there :(

Tink 02-11-2010 11:40 AM

I'd be very interested... could you send me more info?

themacpack 02-11-2010 11:41 AM

How does providing humane euthanasia make someone a "nutter" -- rescues are full, the market is flooded and if the person currently in possession of the horses is no longer able or willing to provide for their care and upkeep, euthanasia is a reasonable solution.

JumpingTheMoon 02-11-2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themacpack (Post 549573)
How does providing humane euthanasia make someone a "nutter" -- rescues are full, the market is flooded and if the person currently in possession of the horses is no longer able or willing to provide for their care and upkeep, euthanasia is a reasonable solution.

I couldn't agree more. Much better than letting an animal starve to death.

jiblethead 02-11-2010 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themacpack (Post 549573)

She could (at least) find a good home for them. Why did she get all these horses and then just decide to get rid of them in a hurry? That must have cost some major $ to get all the horses, why get rid of them so quickly? It dosen't make any sense to me...

ShutUpJoe 02-11-2010 11:57 AM

Let me know some more info when you get it. Please

ShutUpJoe 02-11-2010 12:02 PM

I googled and it says the horses have all been placed.