The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   New adult rider (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/new-adult-rider-47707/)

Delfina 02-12-2010 01:19 AM

New adult rider

Hi everyone!

I never in a million years thought I would end up riding horses much less owning one but 6 months ago we ended up moving suddenly to a rural area and a lady we met offered to teach my girls to ride. So I bought my girls boots and helmets and hauled them on over, to receive a very stern lecture on how I was not to set foot in the barn again in my Crocs! So I bought myself a pair of boots and the next time we went over I was informed that it was MY turn to ride, so despite me protesting that I was too old for this, up I went and I've never looked back.

When our friend became to busy to continue giving lessons, my sister-in-law offered to train and keep a horse for us. So after several months of searching we bought a Quarter Horse that my girls named Delfina. She's a bit green but is an absolute sweetheart who's learning fast and is even friends with my Sister-in-law's Thoroughbred who hasn't ever gotten along with another horse.

smrobs 02-12-2010 01:26 AM

Welcome to the forum :D. I am always glad to meet another horse lover, regardless of when you got into them. You are certain to love it here and I can't wait to see some pictures of your gorgeous girl.

My2Geldings 02-12-2010 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delfina (Post 550273)
Hi everyone!

I never in a million years thought I would end up riding horses much less owning one but 6 months ago we ended up moving suddenly to a rural area and a lady we met offered to teach my girls to ride. So I bought my girls boots and helmets and hauled them on over, to receive a very stern lecture on how I was not to set foot in the barn again in my Crocs! So I bought myself a pair of boots and the next time we went over I was informed that it was MY turn to ride, so despite me protesting that I was too old for this, up I went and I've never looked back.

When our friend became to busy to continue giving lessons, my sister-in-law offered to train and keep a horse for us. So after several months of searching we bought a Quarter Horse that my girls named Delfina. She's a bit green but is an absolute sweetheart who's learning fast and is even friends with my Sister-in-law's Thoroughbred who hasn't ever gotten along with another horse.

Cute Story! very excited to see you on the forums. Hopefully you'll find some interesting things on here or get answers to anything you might wonder about.

Welcome aboard :D

Luv 2 Trail 02-12-2010 10:05 PM

:DHey and welcome from SNOWY South Carolina!!!

ilovestitch 02-12-2010 10:32 PM

Welcome! I hope you find the forum informational! It is a fun way to get into contact with lots of different people! Let us know if you need anything! Very cute story by the way!