The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Draft Halter W/ Breakaway? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/draft-halter-w-breakaway-47933/)

drafteventer 02-14-2010 07:56 PM

Draft Halter W/ Breakaway?

I've been looking for a draft size halter that either has a leather breakaway strap or is completely leather..it has to be from a known company/website.
Thank you!

Solon 02-14-2010 07:58 PM

I've never found one!

drafteventer 02-14-2010 08:02 PM

Yeah it's really frustrating, I need one for Pony Club events, and just for overall safety.
Haha I like your signature btw.

Solon 02-14-2010 08:06 PM

Thanks! I have the bumper sticker on the back of my car.

I stopped looking, but I figured if I ever really needed one I might be able to find some one around here that could make one.

The problem I have with some of the online draft tack stores is what they think a draft horse really is. I've ordered halters and they didn't even fit over Solon's nose. There are different sizes in draft horses!

drafteventer 02-14-2010 08:10 PM

Yeah, they're are some amish around here that could make one for me that would fit him perfect..but I was looking for something a little more wallet friendly!

Remi is smaller in the nose than most drafts but is draft size in the crown piece so it's really hard to find a halter that fits his wierd face lol.

Solon 02-14-2010 08:15 PM

He is a sweet looking horse!

These guys are pretty much the best draft horse folks online I think. I'd contact them and see if they can work something up for Remi. I bet they can.

Draft Tack

drafteventer 02-14-2010 08:26 PM

Oh thank you, he really is a sweet horse, your boy is very handsome.
That leather halter on that site may work, depending on how much the noseband adjusts. Now I just have to see if my mom will buy from there, since she's probably never heard of it.
Thank you for all your help! :D

Solon 02-14-2010 08:28 PM

No problem. Good luck!

princesshoagie 02-17-2010 12:04 AM

I ordered a nylon halter with a leather breakaway for my draft mare from drafttack.com (it's the pink tiger stripe one). I ordered it January 28th and it still hasn't shipped yet...They are quick to email me back when I email them asking about it, but it's kinda taking a lot longer than I expected it to. Just something to think about...they have some really unique halters though.

princesshoagie 03-02-2010 12:51 AM

Update

3 Attachment(s)
Hey! Just thought I'd let you know that I finally received my halter from Draft Tack and it was SOOOOOO worth the wait!! It is soo awesome! The quality is outstanding and the halter is really nice. I'd order from them again, I just wish I had known beforehand how long it would take, but again, totally worth the wait!