Things I have learned this week.
1. Apparently the only kind of horses that can chase cows are the "Cow bred" ones...
2. When you're invited to bring your six-year-old mare to a fun day because it will be a "Good learning experience", what they really mean is "Come without your horse and spend money on our stuff for our fund raiser" You will be asked to get your "Wild" horse under control, and then threatened to be escorted off the property. Even though your horse is behaving just fine.
3. Coyotes don't like to be chased.
4. Chickens don't either. They will stop running, duck, and you will trample them.
5. Horses will steal your hot dogs.
6. Untrained paint mares CAN run barrels!!!
7. Getting bleach in your cut hurts. A LOT.
8. Lambs, (you know, the cute fluffy ones that go "BWAAAAAH!!!!") Are giant, whooly, horse eating savages. And they must never be crossed. Ever.
9. When you're airborn, the ground doesn't look so soft.
10. If your horse breaks her halter and takes off galloping away from you at full speed, don't worry. She'll stop at the pasture of fresh, green grass. And you'll get yelled because they're trying to get it to grow. Your mare isn't helping it's winter growth... Even if she disagrees. (She's only picking out the blades with the lowest chance of survival!!!!!!!! P.s. Barn managers don't always appreciate humor...)
Hope everyone is having a good weekend. And those of us in school, enjoy the three day!!
Dang, busy day for you.
So what was going on with #2? They were going to escort you off the property?
My horse is deathly afraid of cows!
If all those things happened at the same event I can see why people would be a little upset with you.
Everyday is a learning experience they say ; D lol
I'm sorry. But I was laughing so hard my face hurts. My hubby had to read it too. I know first hand about the fundraising, the bleach, and the ground. I DIDN'T know that about chickens...too funny!!!
Note how it says "Week". None of this happened in the same day. 3-6 are things I have observed
As for number #2. No, I was not "escorted off the property" My friend and I left on our own. I still don't know why the BO changed so dramatically towards me, aside from the fact that I wasn't spending any money on his cheap used tack. I bought a coke for two dollars and left.
LOL! Thanks for sharing! I needed the laugh.
Haha. I have experianced that coyotes don't like being chased. My old gelding and I almost ran one over. lol.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:58 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.