The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   Frank Bell DVD's (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/frank-bell-dvds-4798/)

Vidaloco 12-17-2007 04:51 PM

Frank Bell DVD's

I just bought a couple of Frank Bell DVD's. I wondered if anyone has any experience with his teachings. I kind of use a combo of things I have seen for training right now. I have Parelli level 1 and Clinton Anderson's training baby's that I use a lot. The ones I got are Discover The Horse and Communication In Saddle. I didn't pay much for them on Ebay so if you think I wasted my money thats ok. Just wondered what anyone else thought of them.

jazzyrider 12-22-2007 01:41 AM

i dont have any of his dvds but i have been using some of his techniques with our wb. works really well and he is as good as all the others IMO :) dont think you have wasted your money :)

barnrat 12-23-2007 08:52 PM

I don't know that much...I never really liked the Parelli level 1, but my friend has the level 2 set and I love watching it.

Yet, if you want to learn things from parelli, try their success tapes.

and yet this thread wasn't even on Pat Parelli, boy do I get off topic. :roll:

buckaroo2010 12-23-2007 11:33 PM

I have never heard of this man before what does he teach? or do

jazzyrider 12-24-2007 04:44 AM

^^^^ he does natural horsemanship. in many ways as good as parelli if you ask me :)

Vidaloco 12-27-2007 08:22 AM

I finally got my DVD's in the post and watched them yesterday. I immediatly went out and did the first 3 steps with Vida. She is pretty bonded to me already so she did them all without even a halter on. I can see where they will be really great in working with my babys. I already ordered his starting the young horse. He's has very simple techniques that don't require a lot of tools you have to go out and buy. He's also really into safety which is so important.

horseboundmom28 12-29-2007 10:25 AM

This sounds great, you have me very interested. I work with my babies with out halter. It is bonding and asking. I will see about getting these. Does he talk all the time? Find that in John Lyons and Clinton Anderson. The constant talking makes me go to sleep. Not because they aren't good, just too noisy! HA

Vidaloco 12-29-2007 07:27 PM

I don't think he talks too much and he's kinda cute so makes watching it easy :wink:

jazzyrider 12-30-2007 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vidaloco
I don't think he talks too much and he's kinda cute so makes watching it easy :wink:

lol he is almost as easy on the eyes as clint anderson ;) all that aside though, he is very good and i do like the fact that you dont have to buy a hundred tools to work with :)

Vidaloco 12-30-2007 07:50 AM

Here is his web site. http://www.horsewhisperer.com/ He does sell an extendable 4' wand but in one of his videos he says you can just get a car antenna from the junk yard tie a plastic bag on it and duct tape the end and it works the same way. I like anyone who recommends junk yards and duct tape :lol: