The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adopt a Thoroughbred!

4K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  White Foot 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Yeah, I personally don't own one, I always thought they were all nuts but then I started working here and it changed my mind. We recently just brought in a horse that was in the kill pen, the only reason why we did was because we adopted him out two years ago. When we got him he was in horrible shape, with cuts all over his eyes, body, and legs. D; He still had the auction number on his butt as well.

#10 · (Edited)
I am IN LOVE with Courage. He looks so much like my old OTTB Buck's Chili aka Chili Bean. He was terrible when my trainer first got him but turned into a complete cuddle bug that kids could ride once he realized people could be trusted.

Oh my goodness, I just looked at your NC chapter and Irish...drool. My husband would be furious!

#14 ·
I wasn't always as enamored of TBs as I am now :P I always look at the local TB rescue's horses online and drool :P one day I might have one on my future dream farm LOL, though it would end up being be a long looong time from now..

~AL615

#17 ·
How much does it cost to ship? Or is there a similar place in Idaho or Utah?

#19 ·
Are there affiliated TB rescues in California? I wouldn't mind getting one but I wouldn't have much profit margin left after the shipping and the adoption fee.

#23 ·
I wish they had a place like that around here, I want to volenteer at a rescue center like that so bad but as far as I can see nothing in the really southern Ontario :(

#25 ·
Thanks Chey. I originally looked at the place just to volunteer but I got really lucky and got offered a well paying job. Keep looking Vintage. Shutupjoe, I really hope they do too.

We recently rescued a TB from slaughter, the only reason why we did was because we he was adopted out by us two years earlier. We got him back in the worst shape, I felt really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.