The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   college help (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/college-help-48037/)

VintageMatch 02-15-2010 11:20 PM

college help

I'm looking for a good college to go with a good riding program, I'm not really strong academicaly and I don't want to be a vet. Just wondering if any of you guys went to a college with a good equine program?

Kayty 02-16-2010 07:34 AM

Well being an Aussie i don't know if college is like high school (years 8-12) or university. But I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say highschool from what you said about not wanting to be a vet.

I never wanted to go to a horsey school, there are very few in Australia that offer an equine program, but I really didn't have the desire anyway. To me, horses are in my free time and not to be confused with study.
I'm happy to have complete my school studies focussing soley on the acedemic basis and had horses as a hobby on the side to keep me relaxed and that little bit more sane during year 12. I think if they were in corporated into my schooling, I may have become sick of them and they would not be an effective stress reliever any longer.

As for not wanting to be a vet, well that's a good thing if you're not strong academically because to get into veterinary science you need very high scores in year 12 with physics, chemistry and maths!

justsambam08 02-16-2010 10:27 AM

I hope your female, lol. I would recommend this school 1000 times over. They are really acommadating and you can request that they don't look at your SAT scores or whatnot. They also love out of state people

Stephens College - Educating Women Since 1833 - Columbia, MO

juju 02-16-2010 10:29 AM

I am in the same boat as you! Some one else brought up the subject recently and I shared what I have learned about "horsie" colleges. I am also interested in becoming a vet or doctor of some sorts.
I don't know how to link the thread that I commented on...but you could try clicking on my name and then one of the tabs that leads you to all the posts that I have made...does that make any sense?