The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Technology (http://www.horseforum.com/technology/)
-   -   Okay Mac users i need some help here :/ (http://www.horseforum.com/technology/okay-mac-users-i-need-some-48119/)

amandaandeggo 02-16-2010 09:57 PM

Okay Mac users i need some help here :/

Okay, so i only have experience with macbooks, thats all. I fell in love with the iLife software, apreture and final cut (im an amature photographer) since my introduction to my friends macbook i have wanted a mac of my own. I now have the finances to purchase a mac. My question is if i purchase a power mac (with all my programs on it) can i just connect it to any montor? Or do i have to purchase something special? Sorry if its a stupid question, i just dont know computers, i know cameras and editing software, thats where my knowledge ends. Thanks for the help :)

Carleen 02-17-2010 01:29 AM

In the Film department at the High School I went to we had one and it was hooked up to two monitors, I am not sure what brand they were but it definitely wasn't Apple so I am going to say that yes, you can use any monitor. Though I am not 100% sure, so hopefully there's some others in here who can back me up on that one.

irydehorses4lyfe 02-17-2010 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amandaandeggo (Post 555335)
Okay, so i only have experience with macbooks, thats all. I fell in love with the iLife software, apreture and final cut (im an amature photographer) since my introduction to my friends macbook i have wanted a mac of my own. I now have the finances to purchase a mac. My question is if i purchase a power mac (with all my programs on it) can i just connect it to any montor? Or do i have to purchase something special? Sorry if its a stupid question, i just dont know computers, i know cameras and editing software, thats where my knowledge ends. Thanks for the help :)

I would like to say yes, but I'm not a Apple fan person. But if you purchase one from a reputable and knowledgable store, the personel should be able to answer that question for you.

My2Geldings 02-23-2010 03:52 PM

You shouldn't have any problems. A monitor is a monitor. Monitors are made to work with anything. I've been an apple user my entire life and have a family member who is legally blind so we've purchased various monitors to have a larger screen.